No announcement yet.

keyway broaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thin ones are often for slitting, for broach bushings you use like I think 1/4 , 5/16, and 3/8 sort of sizes. Often staggered tooth cutters.

Comment

A direct simple answer to original question. 1/2" and 5/8" B bushing and 1/8" B broach. The broach will come with appropriate shims. Can get offshore broaches from ebay for around $40. I think KBC and probably all the other tool places have them too.
      Last edited by Captain K; 02-26-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain K View Post
        A direct simple answer to original question. 1/2" and 5/8" B bushing and 1/8" B broach. The broach will come with appropriate shims. Can get offshore broaches from ebay for around $40. I think KBC and probably all the other tool places have them too.
        I recently purchased a 6mm C broach on the bay. It was Chinese. I was cutting a 32mm thick hub of 1045 steel. I broke 2 teeth off the broach on the first cut. Buying Chinese always carries a risk. Spend a little more and order DuMont.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200301_121206.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1859395
          I picked up two sets for under $50 dollar each. All Standard thick and thin.. The big set was from the tent sell at Grizzly tools, the other is auction.

Comment

Working...
          X