DZER

Comment

• JRouche
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Wait, I thought I was the idiot.
        Are you taking it back ? ?

-D
        I know, I am solly. I misused it for your application.

I am an Idiot because I am not smart (common definition)

You are an Idiot because you are an Azz. LOL

I don't mind, I always know I am with good company here... JR

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track
          • Jan 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2522.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1861010 [QUOTE=Yondering;n1859934

On a related note - what are you guys' thoughts about using the brake to slow down & stop the spindle (after turning power off), like for power tapping or something like that? I've mostly only used it to hold the spindle when it's already stopped; and am not clear if it's ok to use it in a dynamic situation, I've tried it a couple times and it does work but haven't done more than that.[/QUOTE]

This is a Hyd Disc Brake with Park function that I installed on my Varnamo Mill,limit switch kills power to motor that can be stopped in about a second. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2520.PNG
Views:	153
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1861009 f

Comment

• JRouche
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
            This is a Hyd Disc Brake with Park function that I installed on my Varnamo Mill,limit switch kills power to motor that can be stopped in about a second.
            Thats the ticket right there. Hyd fluid is pretty fast, much more than brake cables. (water is faster It doesn't compress as much.

No the Earth is not flat and I think the compress-ability of general water and hydraulic oil will be different? Spiff-ballin. Not really , it physics folks.

That is a clean system you have there. I like. JR

Comment

• Doozer
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

I know, I am solly. I misused it for your application.

I am an Idiot because I am not smart (common definition)

You are an Idiot because you are an Azz. LOL

I don't mind, I always know I am with good company here... JR

Calling me an azz and an idiot says more about you than it does about me.

-Doozer

DZER

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track
                • Jan 2014

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2522.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	1861010

This is a Hyd Disc Brake with Park function that I installed on my Varnamo Mill,limit switch kills power to motor that can be stopped in about a second. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2520.PNG
Views:	153
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1861009 f
                Just wanted to mention this setup works great for tapping and tooling changes.The pic of hand lever with small lever for index finger allows me to lock in Park position with one hand.This is off a salvaged Snowmobile and are pretty cheap to buy used.Its a little overkill as this Brembo is designed to lock up 60 lb rotating track spinning at 70 mph in about a second.

Comment

• nickel-city-fab
                  • Jul 2017

Ya I was gonna say, what did you pull that brake off of? I think it's a great idea.
                  25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

• JRouche
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

Calling me an azz and an idiot says more about you than it does about me.

-Doozer
                    Yup. I call it like I see it. JR

Edit: I should have clarified, distilled it and buffed it out for you.

I, myself think I am an Idiot because I am not as smart as most of the folks here, including yourself.
                    I don't mind that, introspective? I can maneuver just fine around here.

I think you are an Idiot (not the dolt meaning) because you seem to lack a certain quality that is not off putting some or most times here. You are very smart so I give latitude for folks like that. Heck you can even go back in the posts prolly 2-3 years ago when I was sticking up for you and let the guy know.

The funny part is I will still stick up for you, even though you dont give a hoot. hats fine.

Solly, Idiot JR
                    Last edited by JRouche; 03-12-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Yondering
                      • Feb 2014

Just wanted to mention this setup works great for tapping and tooling changes.The pic of hand lever with small lever for index finger allows me to lock in Park position with one hand.This is off a salvaged Snowmobile and are pretty cheap to buy used.Its a little overkill as this Brembo is designed to lock up 60 lb rotating track spinning at 70 mph in about a second.
                      I like it. I've considered something similar for my lathe, either mounted directly to the chuck back plate, or on the other end of the head stock.

I will say though - with the capability of that brake system, I'm surprised it's stopping power is "about a second"; I'd have expected it to be almost instantaneous.

Comment

• Tundra Twin Track
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Yondering View Post

I will say though - with the capability of that brake system, I'm surprised it's stopping power is "about a second"; I'd have expected it to be almost instantaneous.
                        I was being conservative with the "about a second" it can stop it nearly instantaneous.

Your in a good spot where your located if wanting to use similar setup,would guess there's a Snowmobile Wrecking Yard close by.

Comment

• nickel-city-fab
                          • Jul 2017

Mebbe a bit OT but if you like "interesting" wrecking yards check out Casey's semi truck salvage, local to me.... good ppl to deal with. https://www.caseystrucksalvage.com/
                          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Working...
                          X