Wow... talk abput a serious score....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... talk abput a serious score....

This guy scored big, as in seriously big.

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...fetime-374837/

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

So, how much did he pay for the lot? Not much suckage if he paid as much as a new pickup truck ...
    http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
    Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
    USA Maryland 21030

Comment

His wife was along to get it, considering that, I do NOT think he paid too much for it.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

The dark side to this is think of all the scraping he's going to have to do so justify it all . Groan.

Comment

I am green with envy! What a score... and not just the pile of stuff. I really enjoy buying from private sellers (as opposed to auctions) because you get to meet some very interesting, like-minded folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
            The dark side to this is think of all the scraping he's going to have to do so justify it all . Groan.
            LOL....... no kidding........

Not likely to end well..... renting shop space for the new refurbishing business, , advertising, and dealing with frugal hobbyists who want a full re-scrape of their rusty Bridgeport for $500!

We are a bad lot, we are.
            Last edited by J Tiers; 03-11-2020, 09:58 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
              So, how much did he pay for the lot? Not much suckage if he paid as much as a new pickup truck ...
              Right ... not even "score" if it wasn't a bargain. It's just "This guy bought a nice pile of stuff" if it wasn't a bargain.

Comment

There's always a nay-sayer.

Internal evidence suggests he did not overpay......I don't blame him for not giving the actual price. But, you might want to price one or two of the items just to get a sense of "scale" as to what might be overpaying and what might not be. Just a few of the items would total up to several thousand on the open market. Having bought some such things, and priced others, I can say that with assurance.

The sheer number and variety of items makes it a score at anything reasonable....

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                  There's always a nay-sayer.

Internal evidence suggests he did not overpay......I don't blame him for not giving the actual price. But, you might want to price one or two of the items just to get a sense of "scale" as to what might be overpaying and what might not be. Just a few of the items would total up to several thousand on the open market. Having bought some such things, and priced others, I can say that with assurance.

The sheer number and variety of items makes it a score at anything reasonable....
                  Just picking out the major items, I would think $4k would still be a good deal. And it sure sounds like he didn't pay near that much. I agree with you, JT. Even just coming across everything all together is a score. I've been trying to compile by "kit" but I have to piece it together one auction and private party sale at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    .I don't blame him for not giving the actual price.
                    yes, keeps it classy. If people think you paid to much, they get all critical.....and if people think you didn't paid enough, they get all critical.
                    Last edited by Mcgyver; 03-11-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

He paid the best price... one he and the seller were both comfortable with...

Comment

Yep, I agree. I'd think anything south of $5K would be a good deal for that lot.
                        Salem, Oregon

Comment

I'm waiting for Nickel-City-Fab to notice that cylinder square.

Comment

thats all I have to say (that is appropriate anyway)

Comment

-scale
                              Originally posted by old mart View Post
                              I'm waiting for Nickel-City-Fab to notice that cylinder square.
                              Never mind him...... My "I want one" meter went off-scale looking at it. All my 90 deg references are considerably smaller.. and I wish they were not. But it took me long enough to scrape 3 angles to match at the size they are (just over 4"), I don't want to even think about any bigger, and I don't think my chances of finding an un-worn marine diesel wrist pin are very good.

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
                              X