Names 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names 2020

Just heard the news that the decision has been made to cancel NAMES this year.
    George
    Traverse City, MI

That's a shame.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
      That's a shame.
      Simple common sense. The promoter cancels now and has a portion of their fees returned or goes ahead with the event and loses big time with exhibitors backing out and the risk of attendance being a fraction of normal.
      Last edited by reggie_obe; 03-13-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Bump
        Green Bay, WI

Comment

Names??? did I miss something?

JL..........................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
            Names??? did I miss something?

JL..........................
            "North American Model Engineering Society"
            NOT the easiest thing to google 😆

Comment

They will put a formal announcement on their web site shortly. This will be the first year since the very beginning that I won't be there but no one else will be either.
              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

A lot of stuff here is being canceled.

Some sensible precautions are being taken despite government misinformation and general lack of action.

"NAMES" is a good one to cancel, because it draws from a wide area. More chance of wide transmission if people from all over gather together, and especially because they would circulate around the show, each potentially interacting with many, perhaps hundreds, of other people.
                Last edited by J Tiers; 03-13-2020, 01:42 PM.
                CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
                X