Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Know Where I Put My Utility Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Know Where I Put My Utility Knife?

I was using it just a couple of days ago. Right in the middle of my shop, cutting cardboard for a picture frame. Now, it is gone. It is not in the drawer where it belongs. It is not where I was using it, not even on the floor. It is not on my main bench, although considering the state of that bench top, I could be wrong there.

I must have at least three of them, not counting the ones with special blades. So, why can't I find even ONE?

Aaaaaaggghhhhhhh!!!!!

I AM going to get organized; sooner or later.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

It ran away with mine.
    Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

it on a secret rendezvous with my tape rule

Comment

FWIW I keep a small pen knife on my key ring, never gets lost that way.

Comment

Three? you need to work up those amateur numbers 😁
          I have probably 10 and they are usually hiding

Comment

I'm sure you will find it in the last place you look for
            Helder Ferreira
            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

You threw it away with the cardboard....

Comment

back pocket

Comment

We have at least 30 of the free flashlights from HF... I can maybe find one at any given time and the batteries are dead.

Comment

Hire a few people, you obviously need help loosing stuff.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I have found the more you have of something the harder it is to find one of them. Experiment conducted with 6" rules. I guess it is something like you think when you only have one you need to keep track of it or it will get lost but when you have several you think "I will always be able to find one" and so you don't put them away or otherwise keep track of them.

Comment

All the humorous comments, most with an element of truth, make for fun reading. I would add one, but none come to mind right now.

But I will offer my "Lost-item Theory": Having multiples of items helps insure their misplacement.
                        I'm serious. By having only one, you're more motivated to keep track of it.
                        (2) - By simplifying your inventory you're better able to keep track of things.
                        (C) - The fewer total items in the workspace, the fewer objects to conceal the item you seek.
                        (IV) - With multiples, your mental image of where you last saw the item, (toolbox? work bench? etc.?) gets distorted and muddled.
                        (Five) - I could go on, but my interest in typing is waning (as is probably your interest in reading.)

(added) I see wdtom and I think alike. You're a smart man Tom!

Last edited by lynnl; 03-14-2020, 10:42 AM.
                        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Six, the magic number is six. I have determined through extensive research that once you have six of one item they cannot be misplaced. I have six utility knifes and have never misplaced or lost one since reaching the magical six number. Now I can't misplace one if I try. So now I have at least six of important items like rules, vice grips, C-clamps, Sharpies, etc. I think Murphy's favorite number was six and that has something to do with it.

Comment

You left it in the bathroom
                            Southwest Utah

Comment

Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post
                              Six, the magic number is six. I have determined through extensive research that once you have six of one item they cannot be misplaced. I have six utility knifes and have never misplaced or lost one since reaching the magical six number. Now I can't misplace one if I try. So now I have at least six of important items like rules, vice grips, C-clamps, Sharpies, etc. I think Murphy's favorite number was six and that has something to do with it.
                              Six is not only your "magic" number, it's the first perfect number...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_number

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                              http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Working...
                              X