OT: Doctor's appointment today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Doctor's appointment today.

I had an appointment with a new doctor today. He was doing some neurological tests one of them being to squeeze his hand as hard as possible. I asked if he was sure and he said yes. He yelled stop real quick. Then he looked at my info again and saw I was 68 years old and told me I didn't look even 50. So at least some good news on the health front. It must be my young German wife I told him.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    I had an appointment with a new doctor today. He was doing some neurological tests one of them being to squeeze his hand as hard as possible. I asked if he was sure and he said yes. He yelled stop real quick. Then he looked at my info again and saw I was 68 years old and told me I didn't look even 50. So at least some good news on the health front. It must be my young German wife I told him.
    Sounds like a familiar story I like it. JR

Comment

It's all that clean living.

Comment

Did he fart when you squeezed?
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Heh. I like it. Some months ago, I had to remind myself not to crush the neurosurgeon's hand before the op. Afterwards is OK.
          Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 03-17-2020, 08:59 PM. Reason: sp
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

My story about my last visit to see the doc for a checkup is almost a carbon copy of that experienced by Black Forest. At the age of 69 I too got the doc to say"uncle" when I squeezed his hand. A lifetime of working with your hands daily will wake the doc up to the fact that not everyone has the grip of a clerk or accountant.

He too mentioned my youthful appearance. Let me see, how did he put it? Oh yeah, he said I looked like a man in his early 50's that had led a very hard life! Must have been a come-back for hurting his hand. LOL Good thing I've known him for 35 years.

Black Forest I have to ask, was your visit with the doc before or after your afternoon nap?
            Mine was before or I really would have hurt him.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Braggin' time!
              When I was 15 and a carpenters helper I could squeeze a 16d sinker through 1x pine in one shot...and that was back when it was good wood!
              Friend's father was a blacksmith.
              He could do pull-ups on the rafters in his shop... with a pinch grip from the bottom.
              Len

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                Braggin' time!
                When I was 15 and a carpenters helper I could squeeze a 16d sinker through 1x pine in one shot...and that was back when it was good wood!
                Friend's father was a blacksmith.
                He could do pull-ups on the rafters in his shop... with a pinch grip from the bottom.
                OK - translation needed here. What's a "16d sinker" ?
                Last edited by IanPendle; 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Originally posted by IanPendle View Post

OK - translation needed here. What's a "16d sinker" ?
                  Big effin nail ! !
                  Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                    Braggin' time!

I've tried that a few times, but always ended up breaking the rafters.

What's a 16d sinker?...
                    I was never sure about that term "sinker" either. ...so I looked it up. A 16d sinker is about the same dia (.148) as a 10d common nail, but 1/4" longer (3 1/4" vs 3"), and it is a coated nail. I kinda thought 'sinker' meant coated, but wasn't sure about the sizing differences. That coating makes it drive in easier, and it briefly melts from the friction, which tends to lock the nail in place, making it harder to pull out. So a 16d sinker is a coated nail that's a little thinner than a 16d common.
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I worked with a guy who said when he was in his 20's he got a woody he couldn't bend with two hands. Now he can bend it with two fingers and wonders if he's getting stronger.
                      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

No, no, no, you fart when someone pulls your finger.

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                        Did he fart when you squeezed?
                        Paul A.
                        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I'm 76. I just tried squeezing my left hand with my right. I have a condition called trigger finger and it has been getting worse. It is most painful when I first wake up in the mornings and I am thinking seriously about getting the surgery. So, I wanted to see if my left or my right hand would be the one to determine when to stop. It was the left. The right one hurt, but the left one hurt more.
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

Comment

I guess you have never seen 10" and 12" spikes.

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

Big effin nail ! !
                            Paul A.
                            SE Texas

Comment

BlackForest--I had the same experience as you---Only thing is, my doctor is a middle aged Muslim lady.
                              Brian Rupnow
                              Design engineer
                              Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X