No announcement yet.

OT: Good Things About This Virus Situation - Serious Ones Only Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest positive will be a large drop in the death toll from ALL communicable diseases due to the quarantining having the same effect on the common cold, regular flu, mono, tuberculosis etc.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what effect it has on crime rates. I gather that the police have fewer emergency calls, and they're certainly more in evidence and more relaxed around here. Our community policemen even had time to stop for a chat yesterday - at a safe distance of course. I could foresee burglary rates dropping with more people staying at home. Less alcohol-fuelled violence with the pubs and clubs closed, though domestic violence may increase. Any guesses what it will do to the trade in illegal drugs?

George B.

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post

I'm thankful that only the best and brightest are allowed to fly giant airplanes.
        Instructions...who reads them?

Comment

Originally posted by alanganes View Post

I'm thankful that only the best and brightest are allowed to fly giant airplanes.

My dumb jokes aside, and not specifically related to, but much affected by, this whole pandemic thing, was the fact that today saw the arrival of our 4th grandchild. We cannot go visit in the hospital due to all of this mess, but everyone involved is healthy and doing well.
          I've flown with at least one pilot who would give Joe Exotic a run for his money, who has since lost all of his certificates and ratings by decree of the FAA.

Comment

The good news for me and my area, is that I work for a medical company. Many of us in engineering are able to work remotely. I'm mostly in the office though.
            We are ramping up production and adding some lines.
            We can't keep up with the probe covers for oral and ear thermometry products. Literally making billions a week.
            I'm grateful for that and that I still have a job.
            I hope in the end of all of this the company steps up and awards our production workers some sort of bonus on top of the yearly bonus. Because, unfortunately, we will probably have a great year as a company.

Sid

Comment

So RB what's the verdict ? do you have the Kavorka or not? https://youtu.be/zHZ4MfOiqm8

Comment

The only good thing about covid 19 is I didn't want to take the public transportation anymore, so I have taken my motorcycle out of Hibernation 2 months earlier then I ever did. Riding put a big smile on my face. It was a cloudy day plus 5'C (41'F), the ride to my appointments was not to cold but the roads were on the slippery side due to the leftover winter grit. Came back from my appointments riding in pouring rain and got home totally soaked but I still had this large grin on my face.
                Hang in there and be safe
                Phil
                Last edited by fixerup; 03-27-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Being able to walk down the sidewalk without have to dodge multiple jack-wagons glued to their cell screens, oblivious to all.

Comment

All of my ne'er-do-well neighbors that used to come by daily to waste my time or get something so they didn't have to go to town and buy it themselves don't come over anymore! I get much more done and find the respite refreshing. I am now thinking of putting up a 'Quarantined" sign down by the driveway and leaving it there permanently. Gee no more tools loaned and never returned...just think.

Comment

Good news, my test came back negative!

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                        Great!

-js
                        There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

X2!

Comment

I'd be more happy with positive result if you are already almost done with the disease.

Comment

YAY! Glad to hear it.

Dan
                              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X