Grinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder question

I have an old six inch dual grinder that has always vibrated terribly. The power cord was also bad and the on/off switch was stuck on. Today I replaced the cord and switch.when I turned it on it ran vibration free. I am completely stumped on what fixed this?

Long shot - If it's not pure coincidence, perhaps the cord was intermittent enough that it was receiving and losing power frequently. Motors do tend to start with a bit of a jump. Or maybe you unbolted it from the bench to fix it and did a better job of fastening it down afterwards?
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

My thought was that the process of moving the grinder body around may have moved a loose piece back into alignment. Like Mikey, i think the best possibility is an intermittent connection in the switch or the cord.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

The power of positive thinking?

Comment

Thanks for the responses! It had to have been something electrical. It doesn't even need fastened down now.

Comment

You rearranged the magic electrons and the machine likes it?

Comment

Working...
            X