Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Another symptom (for those who do not know)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT - Another symptom (for those who do not know)

    One of the biggest problems with this mess is not knowing weather or not you are infected. Most people who have the virus feel fine until it strikes .... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY .... since they think they are OK they go out in public and unwittingly disseminate the virus to others and even to family members. Testing stations will not give you the test unless you are showing symptoms which include a combination of fever of at least 100.4 F - 38 C, coughing, headaches and fatigue. If you go to a testing station and you do not have a temperature they will turn you away because they do not have enough test kits. The Brits have determined that another symptom, and one which is easy to note, is that you lose the sense of smell and taste. A local politician said she had lost her sense of taste and smell entirely. Others have said the same thing. Now that would be easy to test at home. If you have this symptom as well as a temperature go and get tested or at very least isolate yourself from others.

  • #2
    this may help


    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-back-to-work/

    Comment


    • #3
      At 67, and having suffered perhaps a couple hundred or more "colds and flu". I can tell you that since I was a kid, very seldom do I not lose sense of smell and taste. Sometimes its worse than other times, but there is a period during the cold virus..which is a corona virus...., smell and taste are impacted.

      Hope all can avoid this version as it certainly has caused upheaval.
      S E Michigan

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DATo View Post
        One of the biggest problems with this mess is not knowing weather or not you are infected. Most people who have the virus feel fine until it strikes .... B
        Most people that get the virus probably don't even get sick (carriers) or at least not noticeably. That is part of the problem.Italy tested everyone in an neighbour hood that had it and 25 % were ill somewhere between mild to more serious and the other 75% were also infected but not ill.
        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

        Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

        Southwestern Ontario. Canada

        Comment


        • #5
          When I am given the go ahead to go back to work, I will be afraid to come home. There is absolutely no way anyone at my company hasn't gotten it and hasn't spread it to everyone else. Yes, I should be thankful I have a job that is booming during times like this, but I almost would rather be furloughed so I can stay home and practice social distancing. Impossible to do that at work.

          Comment


          • #6
            The biggest problem with this virus is the fear that it causes. More specifically that caused by the way governments have handled it and how the news media has pushed this fear to make money from it.
            The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

            Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

            Southwestern Ontario. Canada

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by loose nut View Post
              The biggest problem with this virus is the fear that it causes. More specifically that caused by the way governments have handled it and how the news media has pushed this fear to make money from it.
              If by our deciders in government ignoring it, yes. I agree.

              But are you saying that it is totally normal for NYC to need 30,000 ventilator machines? Should the media not report that fact? Or are you disputing the need?

              Are you saying what is happening in the Detroit area is totally normal, nothing to worry about? Just a way for the media to push fear to make money? Should they not report the number of patients, and the shortages of PPE? I have a family member who needs hospitalizations fairly regularly. We are concerned that option may not exist in the coming weeks.

              https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...re/5081204002/

              Comment

              Working...
              X