Schaublin T-Slot Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaublin T-Slot Dimension

Wondering if by any chance someone on this board might have a Schaublin (or Habegger) lathe and if they would mind to send me the measurements of the T-Slot on the cross slide. I'm trying to find a tool post to fit an Ames slide, which seems to have a smaller T-slot than many American-made lathes. I'm thinking the Schaublin tool posts might work though, but I can't find the measurements anywhere in their old catalogs or spec sheets.

Thanks in advance

Tom

what model? I can help with a 70.

Comment

Is it different between the machines? I was looking more at the 120, bit more common. I was thinking the ‘American’ style tool post with the threaded adjustment but.

Comment

Well Tom S. You know who loves the Sclasnuebuger OR Idiocincrocity Machine right? up.

Or, you could just hit Mac up. Jr
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
          Well Tom S. You know who loves the Sclasnuebuger OR Idiocincrocity Machine right? up.

Or, you could just hit Mac up. Jr
          I believe there are a few fans of precision German machinery here, plus this makes it possible for someone to search the topic if they every find themselves in the same situation.

Comment

the 102 is a different slide rest, larger. I'll do a sketch of the 70 dimensions, but really there's nothing unique about it - i.e. just make a T nut to fit what you have and use any size holder. Schaublin have some nice adjustable rests, but the quick change ones they used were by Tripan. Might need to see your banker first lol. For cost and functionality, I'd be thinking the smallest Asian dovetail style with a T nut to fit your machine.

Or make them. I've got a bunch of small size ones made a really talent tool maker that I really like, I'll take some photos.. I think it is Paul A who has a nice and simple of QCTP design
            Last edited by Mcgyver; 03-26-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I made this tee bolt for a Schaublin 102. I'm not sure if all the cross slides have the same tee slot pattern or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1864059
              It was part of a tool post based on Andy Lofquist's design. Andy is a great guy! https://mlatoolbox.com/index.html

I found it to be a bit big for the 102 so I scaled it down and made a few changes. It is a fantastic tool post for the home shop in my opinion. But toolposts are highly personal items and subject to intense debate.

I made a build video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d7xY4UNGAg
              www.thecogwheel.net

Comment

Thanks enginuity. That's exactly what I was looking for. Attached are the dimensions of the T-slot, it looks like your bolt would fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	t-slot.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1864064

Comment

Geez.... I really hate it when you post something and some clown pipes up with how he'd do differently....but I can't help myself on this one as it might save some pain. With these small watch and instrument lathes, there is a huge number of slide rests with busted T slots that imo can pretty much be blamed on small round T nuts....what a heart breaker to have that happen! Enginuity, that is a beautiful done holder, but consider a much longer T nut. The longer nut means a lot more has to shear before the slide is busted
                  Last edited by Mcgyver; 03-26-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X