Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar Gurus and Others :) It is Machine relatedish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Gurus and Others :) It is Machine relatedish.

I have what was touted as a 7000watt system when I purchased it. It has never created more than about 5500whrs.

When I take the trash out I always glance at the display, shady side of the house, for diff reasons.

The display showed 6+kWh's going on. It has never been in the sixes.

The sky was bright but scattered low clouds.

Could that actually amplify the Suns energy?

I think I heard it first from AKBoomer. He had a reasoning for it. It has been in place for prolly seven years so I look at alot. Never seen it that high. Yeah.

EEs will say the Inverter is failing to give proper info. Oh, edison has one of those smart meters they clamped to my house. I could check it with their A/C Digi meter.

Only way I could bleed off 2-5kwh. Otherwise I would have an electric bill of 400 a month so edison it is. I would like to be off their grid. My Inverter doesn't

It was odd for this thing making more than ever with low clouds and I am NOT complaining. Now I can do some welding which eats the most.

JR

Well?? Failing Electronics, Sky clouds (AK) or UFOs?

The machining related stuff is in the Narrative, please look. Thanks. JR

This is the end of day power. Still trying to click along.

Its been a nice day.. JR

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-25-20-1one.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	1864034

Attached Files
    Last edited by JRouche; 03-26-2020, 02:31 AM.
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Yes, the clouds act as a diffuser with a reflective underside. The watts per meter goes up. Without clouds you have the sun as a point source.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
      Yes, the clouds act as a diffuser with a reflective underside. The watts per meter goes up. Without clouds you have the sun as a point source.

Dan
      Yes.. Splain it a lil further. The lens??? The underbelly.. JR

Edit: Not Reflective Dan < The flip side. and you are correct. JR

Last edited by JRouche; 03-26-2020, 02:49 AM.

Comment

fresnel lenses anyone? I also liked fractal programs before they were cool. Oh? Was never cool? LOL. Yeah. I was doing fractal programing when it was fun.

Comment

How about pollution smog being lower due to industry slow down?
          Helder Ferreira
          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

It does not make sense to me that the clouds could do anything other than attenuate the insolation. The sun supplies a maximum of about 1000 watts per square meter under ideal conditions, and solar cells are about 20% efficient. What I think may be more likely is that the current shut down of non-essential businesses and the associated reduction in motor vehicle traffic and other activity may have cleared the atmosphere enough to account for the increase in power.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
              It does not make sense to me that the clouds could do anything other than attenuate the insolation. .
              Did you see the clouds. They were not moving much at all as can be seen by their shape.

Lens Man!!! I think we showed it if Edison shows the same.

And yes the edison meter is second by second.

I think that theory, that I first heard from AK is it.... Bed time...

JR

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post

Dan
                No, the sun is not a point source.. The sun is the largest soft light source available. Light bounced back by the ground is being reflected back to the ground by the water droplets.in the clouds.

Comment

Some of the above, none of the above........

On a plain sunny day, clear, the only source of significant light is the sun itself, directly, plus some small ampount from the blue sky. Not much from the sky, as you can see when a small cloud obscures the sun.

If there are scattered clouds, puffy ones, and the sun is NOT obscured, then yes, the sun hitting those clouds will provide added light as it reflects off of them as "side scatter". Under the right conditions that will add input. Anything reflected twice, i.e. off the ground first and then off the clouds second, I would expect to be minimal.

BUT, this will NOT be the first time that you ever had clouds like that, and yet you say it IS the first time you have had that sort of power output.

So, I agree, you have good conditions AND you have less than the usual amount of smog etc. There is a good case to be made that this is the first low-smog day you have had when you also had reflective clouds for the "side-scatter".

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

Two components to insolation--beam and diffuse. Beam is direct from sun, and diffuse is from any other direction. Clouds of course can enhance the diffuse component greatly. Without tracking panels, the beam component gets relatively weaker as the incidence angle gets more oblique, so the diffuse component gets more relevant.

The more the panel orientation differs from optimal, the more important the diffuse component becomes.

Ed
                    For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

I should have posted pics of the sky I have from that day. Great ideas. Thanks.

Oh. Today is clear with no clouds and its maxed out at 5700W.

Also just noticed I made 56MW so far. JR

Name:	sky.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1864159

Comment

Also temperature if panels makes a difference. Do you have a cold wind?.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                          Also temperature if panels makes a difference. Do you have a cold wind?.
                          Mid 60s yesterday and today. JR

Comment

Sometimes the air is actually cleaner than normal. That will allow more energy to come through rather than becoming absorbed in the atmosphere.

I can see there being an effect with clouds also- if you have direct sun on the panel and the sky is blue, that will be different than direct sun and a white sky. Obviously this means the sun is shining through a hole in the clouds. There could be a magnifying effect, or it could be that the air between clouds is cleaner and dryer because the moisture has migrated into the clouds. In that case, the direct sunlight could be stronger.
                            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                              I should have posted pics of the sky. JR

Name:	sky.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1864159
                              My Idea? A rebound affect with the clouds reflecting the Sun Photons off the Surface of the Earth and that does in fact account for the additive.

Thanks . JR

Comment

Working...
                              X