Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar Gurus and Others :) It is Machine relatedish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature was mentioned already and is accurate, colder is more efficient. The angle of your roof compared may also be ideal this time of year for the position of the sun. My roof is steep and I live in Maine, so a good day in April for me matches a good day in July, despite a much shorter day. You also may have just caught it at the right time. My system graphs the entire day, and the peak for any day is quite short based on the path of the sun. My system is 3.8kw and I've been hitting 3.5-3.6kw peak every day, but maybe for only 30 minutes. Yesterday I was above 3.0 for about 4 hours.
    Last edited by JCByrd24; 03-27-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

No, the sun is not a point source.. The sun is the largest soft light source available. Light bounced back by the ground is being reflected back to the ground by the water droplets.in the clouds.
      Not exactly a point source, but with an angular diameter of 0.5 degrees it is close enough for the purpose of this discussion.

At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
      X