vnmg insert size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vnmg insert size

I am looking to get some vnmg tool holders and inserts for general profiling on my manual 16X60 lathe. I see there are two different sizes available, the 431 style and the 331 style size. Which would be more appropriate for the size of lathe I have? Thanks Paul

The larger would match your lathe better.
    I bought some of the smaller size in a job lot and got toolholders for them in left and right. They look fragile compared to other styles of cutter, I would hesitate to push then too hard.
    Last edited by old mart; 03-27-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

.I use mostly 3/8 IC size on my 13" lathe (33x). They're a little cheaper, and the holders come in smaller shank sizes. That being said, if you're going to take heavy cuts, spending the extra might be worth it.
      I cut it off twice; it's still too short
      Oregon, USA

Comment

Thanks Old Mart and Tim

Comment

400 series. Its a big lathe. I mostly use 300 series size for my use and inadvertently get some 400 sized stuff (neg rake) I cant use. Ill though a few in a mailer and let you see if that is the correct size for you.

On a side note my best bud would use the smallest bit on a 16" ReedP. Never broke a bit, just wore them out LOL Del....

Anyway, if you want a couple of VN bits lemme know. Might have a holder also but that you paying shipping. Lemme know... JR

Comment

Thanks JR, I sent you a message, Paul

Comment

Working...
            X