Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Fixit View Post
    HI Bob,

I have a set of square drive sockets that I'd let you have for the price of shipping, I'll never use them and I got them in a box of stuff that has paid of itself long ago. I'm in Portland Oregon. Just send me a PM and we can work it out. When I get to the shop this evening I'll shoot a pic and post it as an edit here.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200406_150135143.jpg Views:	52 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	1866815Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20200406_150024632.jpg Views:	50 Size:	388.2 KB ID:	1866816

The set is all 5" long and made by the WALTON CO. Hartford Connecticut. as I said I'll never use them so might as well give them to a good home that will make use of them. Just PM me.

Going to a new Home today

TX
    Mr fixit
    Chris
    Those are actually tap drivers - pretty handy when your tap is not long enough to reach.

Comment

Here are some old 1/2" drive sockets for sqaure nuts&bolts Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2746.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	1868883

Comment

Chris, I sent you a PM.
        Last edited by MichaelP; 04-15-2020, 08:37 PM.
        Mike
        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

For the smaller setscrew type square head ones, I found a "dogbone" style ratchet wrench that does 4 different sizes, 2 at each end, using the two different sides. Handles the ones up to 3/8" or so square. As soon as I saw it, I nabbed it right away. It has been useful.

I have a selection of square head wrenches as well, some Armstrong style box wrenches, of which a couple are 8 point, and also some t-handle types. Some of them are with the machines that need them, mostly the t-handle types, such as the ancient T&C grinder where they are recessed in the sub-table for clamping it in position, etc.

Right now I have more square head wrenches than square head screws! I was going to use the square head setscrews in the toolpost, in place of Allen setscrews, and some similar locations, but at the moment, I am fresh out. I bought a bunch of them years ago at a sale, and finally ran out.
          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
          X