Chinese screwdriver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese screwdriver

Playing with a super fancy Chinese lego forklift kit, and here's the included screwdriver...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200407_224353.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1867140

A few years ago I helped out in the beginning machine shop classes at the local junior college. One night each semester was a "video night" and one of the videos shown was about how Stanley produced their screwdrivers. Several times during the video they would tout their high quality procedures and products. Some time later I was in Walmart and saw a couple boxes of the screwdrivers like those shown in the video, so I decide to look at them. I found one that had been assembled backwards with the phillips end inserted into the handle. Needless to say I spent the 88 cents, or whatever it cost, as an example of Stanley's high quality.

Glenn
    So many projects . . . so little ambition! Arroyo Grande, CA

Comment

Spline drive deep socket head driver?

Comment

They protect the working end against damage by keeping it inside the handle.
        Mike
        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

How is the "Chinese Lego" kit's quality?
          When our kids were young and we were buying tons of Legos, the Chinese knock off stuff was just starting to come out. If the Kids got a kit for a birthday peasant or something, I treated it like the plague (hmmmm, sounds oddly familiar??) I would not let it mix with the rest of the population. They just were not of the same quality.
          Has that changed any?
          I'm still a Lego snob I guess.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
            When our kids were young and we were buying tons of Legos, the Chinese knock off stuff was just starting to come out. If the Kids got a kit for a birthday peasant or something, I treated it like the plague (hmmmm, sounds oddly familiar??) I would not let it mix with the rest of the population. They just were not of the same quality.
            Has that changed any?

Sid
            Quality has improved a lot since I was in Lego age (30 years ago..) but not all sets are compatible with Legos. Slightly different thickness so they don't really fit in.

Comment

I'll just leave this here....

Name:	Heavy-Dtuy.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1867261

.... I am convinced that stuff like this happens because the world is owned and operated by
              those who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                Playing with a super fancy Chinese lego forklift kit, and here's the included screwdriver...

Name:	20200407_224353.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	1867140
                Must be that one got by their QC department !

JL..............

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                  I'll just leave this here....

.... I am convinced that stuff like this happens because the world is owned and operated by
                  those who know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
                  That's good ! Just as bad as some of the manuals that come with their junk. Guess they have issues with their translators too.

JL...............

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                    Must be that one got by their QC department !

JL..............
                    Nope, that is an absolute QC PASS

"Quality Check" = observe screwdriver bad........ check box on QC sheet that says "Quality level BAD"...... Pass along to next packing station.
                    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                      Has that changed any?

Sid
                      We got some as a gift last year, but the tolerances were all over the place so some things were very hard to put together and others fell apart. In the bin it all went. Now there's many Chinese players so it's unfair to judge them all from a single experience.
                      However, I can afford Lego for my kids so there's no point in buying knock-offs and not supporting the company that helped make my childhood a good time.

Comment

I wear photographers vests. I had a problem years back with pockets. you could not get your hands into the pockets. you had to put in the fingers of both hands, pry them apart, wait for the pop. do this again and again until you removed the spider web of additional stitching that sewed the pocket shut, not together.

Comment

But we have to admit that the virus they exported is of an excellent quality.
                          Mike
                          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Reminds me of a cross-slide drill press vice I used to own. It proudly claimed to be "MAD IN AIWAN".

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                              But we have to admit that the virus they exported is of an excellent quality.
                              Nah, back in the day they used to make these things properly when everything wasn't outsourced to China.
                              Like the 1918 Spanish flu from Kansas.

Comment

Working...
                              X