Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese screwdriver

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
    How is the "Chinese Lego" kit's quality?
    When our kids were young and we were buying tons of Legos, the Chinese knock off stuff was just starting to come out. If the Kids got a kit for a birthday peasant or something, I treated it like the plague (hmmmm, sounds oddly familiar??) I would not let it mix with the rest of the population. They just were not of the same quality.
    Has that changed any?
    I'm still a Lego snob I guess.

    Sid
    Without a doubt, I can say it is the greatest Lego set I've ever had. Came with 5 motors, clutches, tons of gears, bluetooth remote, rechargeable Lipo battery case. Tolerances are perfect, work with authentic Legos. It's a forklift, under 100$. For an authentic Lego Technic set of this caliber, you'd spend at least 3x as much. I think the Chinese do Lego better than the Danes.

    https://www.wish.com/product/5d9ab2c...hare=mobileweb
    Last edited by RB211; 04-09-2020, 02:37 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RB211 View Post

      Without a doubt, I can say it is the greatest Lego set I've ever had. Came with 5 motors, clutches, tons of gears, bluetooth remote, rechargeable Lipo battery case. Tolerances are perfect, work with authentic Legos. It's a forklift, under 100$. For an authentic Lego Technic set of this caliber, you'd spend at least 3x as much. I think the Chinese do Lego better than the Danes.

      https://www.wish.com/product/5d9ab2c...hare=mobileweb
      I'm not getting into a dogfight here.
      My 14 y/o has a lot of Lego.
      All genuine, all bought in the UK, all expensive, all very high quality.

      I'm just mentioning the above post, and nobody sees anything wrong with it, then please nobody complain about Western firms not competing, Chinese manufacturing killing your home grown industries in every dept, and why Western stuff is so expensive, and Far East stuff so cheap.

      You are all supporting the Chinese economy by buying knock offs for a 1/3 of the price of the genuine article.

      DO NOT COMPLAIN.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post

        I'm not getting into a dogfight here.
        My 14 y/o has a lot of Lego.
        All genuine, all bought in the UK, all expensive, all very high quality.

        I'm just mentioning the above post, and nobody sees anything wrong with it, then please nobody complain about Western firms not competing, Chinese manufacturing killing your home grown industries in every dept, and why Western stuff is so expensive, and Far East stuff so cheap.

        You are all supporting the Chinese economy by buying knock offs for a 1/3 of the price of the genuine article.

        DO NOT COMPLAIN.
        Perfectly understandable your statement but, at the end of the day, what counts is the real value of things and if someone is willing to pay. Some "original" brands make use of their name to overcharge their goods. If someone can spend a fraction of the amount on a lesser quality and is willing to do so, you can not blame them. If the quality is the same or better then, that is something that will make you wonder.
        Companies move their production to "cheaper" countries no to sell their products cheaper.
        Helder Ferreira
        Setubal, Portugal

        Comment


        • #19
          I just a bought a new carburetor for my 38 year old Troy built tiller from eBay (China) for a total of $14.74. A genuine Tecumsa replacement cost $75. Will the Chinese copy last another 38 years? Maybe, maybe not. I certainly won't last that long and for 15 bucks each, I can buy 4 more. I did the same for a 20 year old go-cart and a 10 year old John Deer lawn tractor with bad carbs. $15 for the go-cart and $25 for the mower and back in business. Would I use a $15 Chinese carb on an ultralight plane. Probably not.
          Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

          Comment


          • #20
            Perfectly understand the sentiment about the Chinese being destructive to popular brands and Western Culture gobbling it up.
            This Lego set however is better than anything Lego ever produced. Not only are they undercutting them, they are making a better product. There's been some serious engineering too. They redesigned the old Lego 8T pinion gear I showed in my resin printer thread. I dare suggest that some western culture engineering is helping them do it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post

              I'm not getting into a dogfight here.
              My 14 y/o has a lot of Lego.
              All genuine, all bought in the UK, all expensive, all very high quality.

              I'm just mentioning the above post, and nobody sees anything wrong with it, then please nobody complain about Western firms not competing, Chinese manufacturing killing your home grown industries in every dept, and why Western stuff is so expensive, and Far East stuff so cheap.

              You are all supporting the Chinese economy by buying knock offs for a 1/3 of the price of the genuine article.

              DO NOT COMPLAIN.
              I see a lot wrong with that post, isn't be illegal to pass through Customs with an obvious counterfeit. Some do as they do because it suits their purposes, right or wrong.
              Last edited by reggie_obe; 04-09-2020, 12:33 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

                I see a lot wrong with that post, isn't be illegal to pass through Customs with an obvious counterfeit. Some do as they do because it suits their purposes, right or wrong.
                It appears it is not counterfeit Lego kit but Chinese manufacturers own design, although compatible with basic lego dimensions.
                Chinese have made also 100% straight copies of lego kits but this one appears to be unique design.
                Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

                Comment


                • #23
                  BY now any patent is long gone
                  CNC machines only go through the motions.

                  Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                  Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                  Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                  I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                  Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have since attached my Sbrick and can control it via my cell phone fully proportional control. It's awesome.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200409_111247.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	1867533

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      $12 carb for a 12 hp Kohler, local dealer-$400. Works well. Interior looks the same as original.
                      mark costello-Low speed steel

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mcostello View Post
                        $12 carb for a 12 hp Kohler, local dealer-$400. Works well. Interior looks the same as original.
                        Yeh, bought one for a 14hp K series Kohler, mighty fine Chinese copy.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Will always remember the Chinese grinder I was given as a gift, with the wheels marked "Qualipy Brand"....and the label on my mill's pump switch proudly stating "Coolat Pump"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            3D printer to the rescue again... Original design used two strings to lift the forks up. String stretches. I wanted to use Lego Technic roller chain links instead. I couldn't use a standard Lego 16T gear, needed one that could freely rotate on a Lego axle. So designed one in Solidworks. It's the blaze orange gear. My forklift now is a bit more authentic, works even better! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_120800.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1867694

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X