No announcement yet.

Lacquer Spray Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use spray-can lacquer quite often, and don't seem to have trouble finding it.

The can I'm looking at right now is Rust-oleum 1905830. Got it at Home Depot.

Ed
    For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post
      I use spray-can lacquer quite often, and don't seem to have trouble finding it.

The can I'm looking at right now is Rust-oleum 1905830. Got it at Home Depot.

Ed
      I did find lacquer made by Rust-Oleum, the colors are limited. I've never used their lacquer. I have always hated their sticky gooey enamels. I would be reluctant to try the lacquer.

JL....................

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
        Are you sure about that Joe? I have bought alcohol and WD40 in recent months. When I went to Oregon I found what appeared to be real lacquer too.

Dan
        Dan, I didn't remember all the details from when I first heard about it but I think I started a post on it. Been a while.

JL.................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
          Does anyone make lacquer spray paint

JL.................
          So I gave you a manufacture. Why in the heck are you using Lac?? JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

So I gave you a manufacture. Why in the heck are you using Lac?? JR

JR, this company Zynolyte I never heard of, no one carries it locally and I'm seeing prices from $23 to $27 for a spray can. Plus shipping and hazmat fee.

I want lacquer because it's generally thinner than enamel. It needs to be thin enough to where it will almost bleed or seep between two pieces of wood that are screwed together.

I almost thought that the original paint on this was dye but I was told otherwise.

JL................

Comment

J
              I want lacquer because it's generally thinner than enamel. It needs to be thin enough to where it will almost bleed or seep between two pieces of wood that are screwed together.
              JL................
              You can thin the heck out of many enamel coatings. Its so f'in hard to get any solvents anymore. I saved up

I knew the end was coming, for cali anyway. JR

Comment

Yes, you can thin any paint but not when you buy it in a spray can.

JL.....

Comment

For those who already like Mohawk brand lacquer and other finishing products, or might want to give them a try, I just today learned that they have an eBay presence.
                  Just pull up eBay and search for "mohawkfinishingproducts"

Comment

Yes, you can thin any paint but not when you buy it in a spray can.

JL.....
                    Really? If the coating is all you want just pop a hole in the can and collect the paint. JR

Comment

Really? If the coating is all you want just pop a hole in the can and collect the paint. JR
                      I'd love to see a video of that!

Comment

Originally posted by john hobdeclipe View Post
                        For those who already like Mohawk brand lacquer and other finishing products, or might want to give them a try, I just today learned that they have an eBay presence.
                        Just pull up eBay and search for "mohawkfinishingproducts"
                        I did check with Mohawk. They didn't offer the lacquer in the color I want.

JL................

Comment

OK, how do you propose I go about doing that?

JL.................

Comment

If it's a regular can, you turn it upside down and release all the propellant, then punch a hole.

If it's a "spray-any-direction" can, then I don't know.

Edit: Oh wait, I remember what I did now with the second type of can. I taped a short drinking straw to the nozzle and sprayed it into a jar. Let it de-gas for an hour or so before capping the jar.
                            Last edited by Galaxie; 04-27-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxie View Post
                              If it's a regular can, you turn it upside down and release all the propellant, then punch a hole.

If it's a "spray-any-direction" can, then I don't know.

Edit: Oh wait, I remember what I did now with the second type of can. I taped a short drinking straw to the nozzle and sprayed it into a jar. Let it de-gas for an hour or so before capping the jar.
                              The issue with that is a lot of spray cans can be turned upside down and still continue to spray, even when they are almost empty.
                              I started a post on that issue quite a while ago wonder how they do that.

JL....................

Comment

Working...
                              X