Metal Files. Blue packages. Grobet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Files. Blue packages. Grobet?

Click image for larger version  Name:	files4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	1870046Click image for larger version  Name:	files3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	1870045Click image for larger version  Name:	files2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	1870044

Have these and prolly another 50-75 larger files with the same name and shape. Just a bit bigger.

Figure one, these is a 1/8" drive these others are a 1/4" drive. Analogy.

They were in a bidding lot. I think Aerospace. Nice files but the pattern is the same from pack to pack.

Not very useful in a Homeshop. If I were a watch maker.

Neat lil files, You should see the next size up from the same company. Never seen these large types. Only the one size. I would say twice as large. Have never seen these before, the big ones.

Ill try to get a pic up of some of those. I like them the most, more useful.
    Last edited by JRouche; 04-20-2020, 02:42 AM.

I use small ones like the smallest you have a fair amount even on bigger things when I need to do a small tight detail in tight spaces. If the whole set of them are Grobert then you're sitting on a gold mine of really great files. Treat them well and they'll do some great work for you when they are just the right tool for the job.

Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Post some up if you don't want them all. I'd probably buy a pack or two. I see some diamond files in the mix too.

Comment

I bought these through the firms tool club many years ago, I hate to think what they would cost now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_IGP2571.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	1870103
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eKretz View Post
          Post some up if you don't want them all. I'd probably buy a pack or two. I see some diamond files in the mix too.
          I second this. Id love to get my hands on a set of good needle files, but boy are they proud of those things...

Comment

I'm drooling (I have a weakness for files...) Blue packaging is either Vallorbe or Pferd; in either case, a premium tool.
            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

How about some close up pics of the actual files, real ones should be marked like mine are.

Comment

Close ups?! LOL. No thanks. Here are some of the standard blue packs. The larger ones I dont have in pack. They are still sharp as heck. These lil ones might be good for a watch makeers. After all even though they say USA on them they are all stamped European. Swiss or Sweden and Germany. Good Metal!

Nice files but I have a die filer

Id rather have a good de-burring tool to be honest. JR

Name:	blue packs gorbet.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	1870535

Comment

If you use a good Swiss file, you will discover a new world.

They remove metal with no effort. It seems as if you can just lay the file on the part and it is already cutting. Unquestionably the best files I have ever used.

I have a fair number of them, but you have the mother lode.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                    If you use a good Swiss file, you will discover a new world.

They remove metal with no effort. It seems as if you can just lay the file on the part and it is already cutting. Unquestionably the best files I have ever used.

I have a fair number of them, but you have the mother lode.
                    I agree, and I try to always use a file like you should.

The Big Fattys? I had no idea the same company was making large ones too. I think there was a hundred of those in the mix. Trying to keep them rust free out here towards the Coast.

I dont blind bet on a pallet. This one was 3x3, small. And all these files popped out. I like the larger ones. And yes, they are just as sharp as the blue pak ones.

I do in-fact love files and file work. JR

Name:	1-2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	1870543

Comment

AAahhh I'm jealous! Beautiful Swiss files! Yes, I have some that I paid a week's wages for, they are worth every penny.... best files I'll ever have. But YOU have hit the gold mine! Lucky you! I do love me some good filing....

Comment

If you get rid of the lot, there will come a time when you will regret it. Best to keep just one set.
                        We always used the genuine ones at work, the no2 cut. Trying the next coarser grade was a disappointment, as they were crap, I still have some of those. They also did a harder grade with yellow paint on the handles, they were supposed to last longer when fettling anodised aluminium.

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
                          AAahhh I do love me some good filing....
                          Me too. Specially when you have a file that cuts JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post

Me too. Specially when you have a file that cuts JR
                            I remember the first time I tried my Vallorbe files WOW what a different world! I had to learn a lighter touch or else they would take too much.

Comment

Yep, makes you understand the idea of filing as a method of shaping a part..... It actually works with a good file, unlike the pre-blunted ones sold by american "manufacturers" (actually now just warehouse operations for soft "files" made by the cheapest available workers)
                              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
                              X