Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - News Flash - Don't drink the Kool-Aid....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loose nut View Post

Is there something missing here.
    Yes sanity...

Comment

UVA ages your skin, UVB is what gives you sun burns, UVC will give you cancer and blind you in seconds.
      Guess which one is considered to actually work with killing viruses on surfaces effectively?

Comment

what is the UV they put on newborn jaundiced babies?
        What is the UV that is in the UV air purifier on the HVAC systems?
        these 2 types UV in conjunction with a ventilator is what I was thinking when I heard DJT mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Tim The Grim View Post
          I was 25 or 26 and had never had poison ivy. I came back to work from a weekend camping trip with a nasty rash on my left forearm.

Somebody remarked “ Wow that’s some bad poison ivy you got there”. Me...”Oh is that what that is ?”

I walked over to the drum that fed the vapor degreaser and got a couple ounces of Trichlorethylene and used a chip brush to paint it on the rash Twice that day.
          The next morning the rash was gone and I’m still here 40 years later.

Industrial products have their place. Just not down your throat.🤮
          You are lucky you don't have cancer. My friend beat non-Hodgkin lymphoma twice, from job related exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
            UVA ages your skin, UVB is what gives you sun burns, UVC will give you cancer and blind you in seconds.
            Guess which one is considered to actually work with killing viruses on surfaces effectively?
            How much (if any) UV exposure do you get in the cockpit? Does the windscreeen contain filters?

Comment

If your leader says do it, just get on and do it.

Comment

There is a thing called by various names: spit-balling, idea session, BS session, discussion group, etc. I have had more than one highly paid set of consultants give actual lessons on doing this. The idea is to have a group discussion and let everyone throw out ideas and talk about them. All of these consultants had one HARD and FAST rule: nothing is to be considered off limits. No one should silence or make fun of any ideas that are suggested, no matter now bad or stupid they may seem. All ideas can be suggested and discussed. REASONS for rejecting them are allowed. But they should never be presented in an attacking manner. Every idea is worth discussing. By the way, that is much what we do here.

True story; I once had a discussion with a foot doctor who was trying to cure a foot fungus that I had. He wanted to prescribe a medication for it. And he went into a long description of what he was proposing. Then he asked me if I understood what he had said. I guess he wanted me to be fully informed before I started on that med. I replied, "Yes. You are prescribing a poison and you hope the dosage is enough to kill the fungus but not enough to hurt me." He said, "Yes, you got it." I took the poison and it did cure several toes of that fungus without any apparent harm to me.

My point is, many of the medications that doctors prescribe have side effects. Many of them are down right poisonous. Yes, they are poisons! Some are even worse. I have been carrying a prescription for a high explosive in my shirt pocket for about nine years now. It is called nitro glycerine. You know, the stuff that goes BOOM at the drop of a hat. Who would ever think that would be a life saving medication? And somewhere along the line someone had to SUGGEST that people actually swallow it. Boy, does that ever sound insane. But I have done so. And I did not go BOOM. I am sure some of the colleagues of that doctor or whoever made that suggestion had a lot of comments, many negative. I am sure there was some discussion. And here we sit with another life saving medication, no matter how improbable it's past life made it sound.

I have worked with TV reporters and can tell you many stories about them. Some, but a very few, are sincere and intelligent. Unfortunately, many are not. And all they care about is how it will look on their resume. More unfortunate is the fact that the latter ones are the ones who most often get the "better" jobs, like moving up to the networks and other national news services. It's a dog eat dog business.

Is there any merit to the idea of using a disinfectant to kill this virus. Well, we do it on a daily basis - outside of the body. But just why is the idea of doing it INSIDE the body so bad? That is exactly what so many of the medications that we already use actually do. And many of them will kill you if you take too much; an OVER DOSE. They are prescribed in carefully controlled amounts. That is about 90% of the reason for having so many of them controlled by the prescription system: to limit their usage to safe levels.

The MAN was spit-balling. And that is a GOOD thing when a problem needs to be solved. Perhaps some of the researchers will take that comment the way it was offered. And just perhaps something could come from it. It is those who made fun of him that should be criticized.
                Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 04-25-2020, 06:36 PM.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

How much (if any) UV exposure do you get in the cockpit? Does the windscreeen contain filters?
                  Well in my cockpit the canopies have UV filters and so do my sunglasses.

Comment

Do you consider a nationally televised new conference an appropriate forum for "spitballing". No of course not, because that is moronic.

Comment

Working...
                    X