X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT,......ot or no,.........Food !!

So what exactly is a OT?
    Is that On-Topic, or is that OFF-topic?
    Is this a machining forum, or, a machinist forum?
    Assuming this is a machinist forum, then this is OT........food!!
    All machinists eat, right??

Thru all the covid food runs on the stores, our local market showed up with some fish filets of Mahi-Mahi (dolphinfish) and at reasonable price point.
    I grabbed one for a trial, it was good.
    then they re-stocked and we got several, we stuffed the freezer, actually.
    Today I did a example in the asian style wrapped in banana leaf, served with a side of tomato/onion/soy sauce over a bed of rice.
    This time of year is the early corn on cob, so I went all in.
    So what you say? OT, or no ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_173519.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1871440

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200425_175454.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1871441

hey you, trying to steal thunder from my now defunct "What did you eat today" thread!!! Actually, that was only instigated to distract a member who's no longer on the forum, so have at it. Maybe "What did you eat today, COVID edition" as a thread title?

Comment

Oh, yeah... I’d eat that.

I’ll have a brisket on the smoker tomorrow for 10 hours or so.
      You’re welcome to bring your leftovers, I’ve got some good beer, too.
      We’ll drink some beers, lie and laugh about how good we are in front of our machines, eat, drink more, eat more.
      Then you’ll go home to sleep for 10 hours, and wake feeling like you can tackle the world.

Those were the days, huh? Remember those pre-virus times?
      SE MI, USA

Comment

I never met a fish I didn't like. But, yeah, OT 'cause there's no metalworking content exactly... Unless you built the barbecue?
        "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Lots will complain about how OT it is, but I like to cook too so it doesn't bother me.....rainbow trout tonight, fish tacos last weekend. I was on dinner Wed......hamburgers and triple cooked fries

in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

OT or no, I like it. Started a thread a couple of years ago. Comfort Food, I think. Or something similar. Got ruined by someone who was OCD about cheap taco joint fare. No matter, I blocked him.

I started cooking as a hobby, like I started building small engines. Being retired I wanted rewarding things to keep me looking forward to every day. I love to see good food that I can shamelessly copy!
            I cut it off twice; it's still too short
            Oregon, USA

Comment

Fancy food cooks on here..... not me, the neighbors are, though.

Had scrounge-up chicken enchiladas last night, followed by a "Spotted Cow", and a Pacifico.

Tonight, bean and rice burritos, and no beer. Time to visit a different part of the food spectrum tomorrow. We'll start off with blueberry pancakes, and see where we go from there later.
              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Working...
              X