Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Crompton Strobe - anyone familiar with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Crompton Strobe - anyone familiar with them?

On my on going balancer project, originally I was going to use the super bright led clusters for a strobe. Pretty sure it will work, you even get enough of flash off a largish single led, but then this bench strobe popped up for small dollars. Its got a trigger, but I'm kind of stymied what it expects, with a 7 pin connector. Usually there's lots on the net about older equipment, but I could find nothing on this one.

Anybody have one, access to a manual or is there any sort of trigger-in standard? Suggestions?

thanks

Last edited by Mcgyver; 05-02-2020, 01:54 PM.
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
    On my on going balancer project, originally I was going to use the super bright led clusters for a strobe. Pretty sure it will work, you even get enough of flash off a largish single led,[/img]
    If you proceed with using an LED I suggest that you will probably avoid the white versions. They use a phosphor to convert some portion of a BLUE led output to a yellow light that mixes with the blue to give you white. That phosphor has a noticeable afterglow when the LED is de-energized. I used the ultra slow-motion feature of my camera to capture the afterglow. The blue, green and yellow LEDS should work because they don't use a phosphor.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
    X