Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOT I HATE dirty, stained hands and nasty finger nails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illinoyance View Post

Metal workers can't do that.
    Where I worked would go through a gallon of the pumice hand cleaner every other day. The stuff worked, there's a good reason for that.

Comment

Get some PR88 barrier cream. Rub it in, dries away like it's hardly there, wash your hands spotless clean. Has a strong vanilla smell though so don't buy it if you don't like vanilla.

Click image for larger version  Name:	61ThM8uUNoL._AC_SL1000_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	1875012
      Last edited by Peter.; 05-14-2020, 03:57 PM.
      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

If you hate dirty hands, you were probably programmed that way
        by either punishment or propaganda or both. I would think therapy
        would be cheaper than trying to keep your hands clean all the time.
        Probably your mama ruined you.

-Doozer
        DZER

Comment

Nothing cleans greasy hands like eating a Whopper at Burger King
          and some nice greasy French fries. Hands are much cleaner after
          that meal than before, I promise you..

--Doozer
          DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
            If you hate dirty hands, you were probably programmed that way
            by either punishment or propaganda or both. I would think therapy
            would be cheaper than trying to keep your hands clean all the time.
            Probably your mama ruined you.

-Doozer
            Actually YOUR momma ruined me😁.

A buddy gave me another great tip. Washing machine detergent in the old style powder form. I used it today and it was awesome. It's gritty and abrasive enough to get into the cracks and crevices of my ultra manly dick beaters. So far it's a no. 1 hit BUT I'm going to try dish washer soap next.
            For those that actually LIKE dirty hands all I can say is GROSS. Dirty hands are not some sort of badge. They are an indication of poor and lazy personal hygiene. Y'all can call me a Sally or a Mary all day long but y'all in the, "dirty hands show what a MAN I am" are just too lazy to take decent care of yourselves. Go brush your teef.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post

A buddy gave me another great tip. Washing machine detergent in the old style powder form. I used it today and it was awesome. It's gritty and abrasive enough to get into the cracks and crevices of my ultra manly dick beaters. So far it's a no. 1 hit BUT I'm going to try dish washer soap next.
              For those that actually LIKE dirty hands all I can say is GROSS. Dirty hands are not some sort of badge. They are an indication of poor and lazy personal hygiene. Y'all can call me a Sally or a Mary all day long but y'all in the, "dirty hands show what a MAN I am" are just too lazy to take decent care of yourselves. Go brush your teef.
              Bless your little OCD heart. I'm happy that you were able to vent about the rest of the grimy rapscallions here who admitted to being less than their mothers had hoped for, shame on those nasty boys!
              The part about your hands being "dick beaters" is probably on a need to know basis though.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
              All in good fun!
              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

After clearing a fence line, my hands look like they are tattooed with dirt, full of blisters, and cuts. Half dozen showers, countless times washing hands, still there. Only thing I didn't do is use the GoJo. It's ok, I can show my coworkers I actually did manual labor.

Comment

Be careful, If you beat him too hard, he will vomit from motion sickness.

-D
                  DZER

Comment

Dirty hands?

Stopper the sink drain ( I use the laundry tub, but the bathroom sink works too)
                    Start the hot water, and temper it with just enough cold to get your hands in... Fill the sink.

Grab the soap of choice. I like KIRKS Hardwater Coconut . Lather up real good while dipping into the hot sink water from time to time. Sing a stanza of "Old McDonald"....

Grab the nail brush. You know, that little scrubber with the curved handle/

Scrub and dip and lather and scrub until your freeking hands and finger nails are clean. It only takes a few minutes.
                    Your skin should be all red and soft from the activity. Lather up one more time just for yuks. Dip in and swish around

Pull the sink plug.

Turn on the hot water, temper with cold, rinse your hands well. Clean the ring off the sink! Keep your wife happy ;-)

LOOK at your hands! If they are not clean, do it all aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagain. It's NOT rocket surgery!/

Dry well, Not just "kinda, sorta: dry. Dry terry cloth dry!

Put on lotion if you need to. I usually wait till after supper, 'cause ..wel;l.. dishes need washing, and no sense wasting lotion ...

Comment

Pretty much guaranteed - kneading bread dough, but you probably won't want to eat the loaf afterwards...

If that fails, a disposable electric toothbrush with paste (the vibrating ones, I save them when the bristles start looking as bad as my hair) gets under nails and around the cuticles pretty well.

Dave H. (the other one)
                      Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

Holbrook Model C Number 13 lathe, Testa 2U universal mill, bikes and tools

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                        Be careful, If you beat him too hard, he will vomit from motion sickness.

-D
                        Or grow a toe nail on the end. Don't ask how I know this 🙄

Comment

But I wanna ask now !
                          DZER

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                            After clearing a fence line, my hands look like they are tattooed with dirt, full of blisters, and cuts. Half dozen showers, countless times washing hands, still there. Only thing I didn't do is use the GoJo. It's ok, I can show my coworkers I actually did manual labor.
                            FYI Oak can/will stain your skin purple if you’re handling a lot of fresh cut wood. Used to get it all the time when running oak in the mill.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post

Ok, Sally Mary Ann.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post

FYI Oak can/will stain your skin purple if you’re handling a lot of fresh cut wood. Used to get it all the time when running oak in the mill.
                                Very interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X