Pocket hole screw jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    You know deep down I love you guys, right ?

-D
    "pocket hole screw jig" but not in that way.....

Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 05-09-2020, 06:17 PM.
    25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

You'd think my wife would know that too after all these decades, but she still has trouble taking a tease.

On an unrelated note, The anvil is pretty impressive also.
      "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
        That's so cool! No gift means more than "home made". That's what it is all about! Good job Dan! Now tell me what Mom is going to get.

Sneak peak of where we're at right now. When the child labour wakes up in the morning they have some leafs to finish, and I'll solder them onto the stem. Pretty proud of them, they (mostly my Son) honestly did 75% of this. I just did the heavy lifting (cutting them out, etc) they filed the edges, sanded them, and did as much of the curling as they could. It's all copper pipe, and wire stripped from our basement reno. The Wife will surely love to have a memento from that wonderful adventure.....

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

-D
        It's that charming Engineers personality . I put shoes on for the rose pic, just for you.

Originally posted by mickeyf View Post
        On an unrelated note, The anvil is pretty impressive also.
        Thanks, it was certainly one of my better finds. I need to make a bigger stand for it, but that one works for now. Almost had a baby brother for it last week, but passed on it. It's unfortunately got a few torch cuts in the face, but in otherwise great condition. I debate welding them up all the time.......Essential craftsman had a great video on doing it, and I may go down that road at some point if I get into using it more and the cuts become a problem.

Comment

That flower is gorgeous! Will spray clear acrylic of something keep it shiny?
          "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

There's a lucky Mom! Beautiful work!

Comment

Thanks. We're lucky to have her. Here's the finished project for now. Might solder on a pin or something to make a broach out of it. But it's a bit heavy for that......so I might make a smaller one. Not sure about clear coating it either, might just let it tarnish naturally.

Had to laugh this morning. I was busy doing stuff yesterday while Jr, was pounding the pipe flat on the anvil. I guess he whacked his finger and was too embarrassed to tell me about it, so he just toughed it out and kept going. Found out this morning that he has a nice blood blister on the end of his finger. Welcome to the club Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                I put shoes on for the rose pic, just for you.

Doozer's going to come unglued,..... plastic, wood and now flowers?

Looks good....multi talented man!
                in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Hey Dan, great work on the Mothers day gift and I also was admiring your anvil. Is the a farriers anvil?

Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

Thank you. I'm just a guy who likes to make stuff, learn new things, and bring the kids along for the ride. I like the artsy projects that don't involve drawings and tolerances once in a while. They're great stress relievers.

I might have some actual machining work to post later for Doozer if I get around to it. Hopefully the rose will buy me some time with the Mrs to sneak out to the garage later

Not sure of the Maker of it Sarge, but it's a typical London pattern, and weighs over 300lbs. I paid less than 1/lb for it from a fella down the road . My Dad and I have been collecting some blacksmith stuff for the past couple years, with the intention of setting it all up in a little shed out back. To use an appropriate quote here, I definitely have too many irons in the fire. But every once in a while projects get crossed off the list. Unfortunately just not at the rate they get added though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

Going to?

(Don't worry Doozer, we lubs you anyway, but not like a pocket hole screw jig)
                      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Mm pocket holes in steel, interesting
                        mark

Comment

Thanks. We're lucky to have her. Here's the finished project for now. Might solder on a pin or something to make a broach out of it. But it's a bit heavy for that......so I might make a smaller one. Not sure about clear coating it either, might just let it tarnish naturally.

Had to laugh this morning. I was busy doing stuff yesterday while Jr, was pounding the pipe flat on the anvil. I guess he whacked his finger and was too embarrassed to tell me about it, so he just toughed it out and kept going. Found out this morning that he has a nice blood blister on the end of his finger. Welcome to the club Bud.
                          That is a beautiful work of art and I'm sure it will mean much more to her than anything you could buy.

The thought struck me, what if you clear coated just the flower and let the rest tarnish? It might give it a more plant like effect as time goes by.

Comment

I've done metal sculpture off and on for a long time, and I have to say that flower is very nice indeed. And botanically accurate as to petals and sepals also!
                            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Nice job Dan,hope Jr finger heals quick.You should post pic of that Vice that is holding the copper.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                                I've done metal sculpture off and on for a long time, and I have to say that flower is very nice indeed. And botanically accurate as to petals and sepals also!
                                Thanks Jerry. I certainly didn't put much time and research into making it botanically accurate, but it's nice to know a blind squirrel finds a nuts every once in a while.

Arcane, My daughter suggested that too when I told her the copper would turn green over time. I like that idea too, so I think that's what I'll do.

Tundra, It's a Record on a rolling stand with multiple 2" receiver mounts I made years ago. Still haven't made anything else to mount on it yet lol, but it's handy for putting the vise in different positions, and for wheeling outside to do dirty grinding work. Still need to weld in a floor, and fill with stuff for weight. Jr's good, Won't let me pop it though lol

My next project du jour is sitting on the anvil in the background. It's finally actually machining related, kinda.

Comment

Working...
                                X