Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2835.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1874184Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2831.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1874183 We had 3-1/2 yrs. of wet conditions and last fall was brutally wet this 30 acre part of 140 acre field was wet like never before,been in family for over 80 yrs.Could not get on it pulling our usually equipment so dug a old 10' cultivator out of archives installed new tires and lubed it up.Looks a little odd as this tractor normally pulls a 40' cultivator with separate harrow cart behind hooked behind cultivator.Kind of slow process but hope blackened it will help dry it up.

Wow, that's a lot of rubber for a little cultivator. In decent conditions all you should need to pull that is a
    reasonably sized 2-wheel drive Doesn't look all that wet but you can tell something's going on by the amount
    of mud on the tires. Alberta gumbo at its best...😀
    Keith

Comment

I grew up in south Louisiana. That looks high and dry to me.
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Field tile!!!!!!!!!!
        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

I put new rubber on my 3910 last year but my tires look like training wheels compared to those. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by LKeithR View Post
            Wow, that's a lot of rubber for a little cultivator. In decent conditions all you should need to pull that is a
            reasonably sized 2-wheel drive Doesn't look all that wet but you can tell something's going on by the amount
            of mud on the tires. Alberta gumbo at its best...😀
            That weight is also a lot of soil compaction which doesn't help drainage either.

Comment

I live across the street from a dairy farm. They have crop fields across the street from us and it was always a wet field. I'd watch them over the last 42 years trying to farm it and having tractors getting stuck and running a combine in the middle of the winter when the ground was frozen.

Probably about 20 years ago my wife and I were on our way home from work and we saw survey stakes all over the field. I told my wife that we are moving and soon. I don't want to live across the street from a development. Next day we saw trenching machinery there and they tiled the field. I'm guessing that being low land it is one of the best yielding fields that they have. Now they pretty much do whatever they want whenever they want on that field.

They spent the last week with a cultivator about that size and a hose that stretched about 3/4 of a mile from the barns pumping liquid manure that sprayed out of a nozzle onto the freshly tilled ground. It took a while for my nose to numb to the smell but I'd still much rather have a farm as a neighbor than a development.
              Last edited by bborr01; 05-10-2020, 10:59 AM.
              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Tiling works Great,this is not low ground it's one of the earlier peices of land in the area all sloped to the south.We have farmed 15 quarters that are all lower than this one some are 75' lower in elevation.This is first time in over 80 yrs that this peice has been this wet,Pics don't show but Diff Lock is on to keep all 8 tires chewing.
                I have allready tilled a bunch of fields all lower than this one with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                  ..........so dug a old 10' cultivator ........Kind of slow process........
                  That reminded me of when I was a 13-14 yo teen on the farm. We broke a 60 acre pasture that hadn't been broke before because of the rock. We hand picked over 250 ton of rock via pick and crowbar one spring, hired a local with a Case 1200 and a Roam plow to break it. Next year I disced it down pulling a 10 foot horse drawn tandem disc behind an Allis Chalmers Styled WC that was older than I was. I doubled up on the overlap so 5 foot cut per pass at just under 5 mph. Rough ride on that old beast!

Comment

I have a 5 year old great grandson who I nicknamed "Heavy Duty" because of his stature. He has thinned down and shot up now; but that JD is still heavy duty!

Comment

Arcane: As a kid my Dad cleared lots of land in the 60's early 70's so I'm no stranger to picking roots,no rocks.My first quarter of land was 2/3 timber,it's a lot of work to make it look as it is today.

LRBIGEYES: Yes it's pretty heavy duty 475 HP,sucks a lot of Fuel but does a lot work.We have a 18' 6 way Dozer that quick attaches to front.

Comment

Man, if you find a rock ledge or an old stump with that thing it ain't even gonna sneeze putting that chisel in the shop for welding
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Here in West Michigan we have been saturated with water for a couple of years now. Some inland lakes are overflowing. I'm paying for a new drain on three pieces of property because of high water levels. Lake Michigan is about 30 miles away and homes are falling into it because of it being at historically high levels.

On a positive note, I saw a picture of Chicago that was taken from St. Joseph, Michigan which they said was 60 miles away and it was a pretty clear photo. Air pollution in Chicago is down so far because of everything being shut down and visibility is way up.

Awesome JD by the way. Makes my little 1020 loader tractor look like a toy.

Brian
                          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

When I was feeding the horses this morning with a round bale I patted my little John Deere 5065E on the front fender and told him it was OK we still love you even if you are so scrawny next to TTT's tractor!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Weirdscience : Your right on that,I hope this was once in a lifetime program.

bborr01 : Wet Conditions don't make any money,I'm looking forward to a drought lol!

BF : All sizes have their place big or small!

Comment

Working...
                              X