hossfeld type bender.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plunger View Post

I have made one exactly like yours ,maybe just not as beefy.I want to try make it slightly bigger so It can be more versatile. But man that hydraulic pack connected is a thing of beauty.For a detribalized american you have some neat tricks going on your farm.
    Are you from a hydraulic background.?
    Could a hydraulic pack like that be moved ,say from your bender to a press without being a pain in the arse. Im not talking about the ram ,just the pack.
    I use the hydraulic pack as you call it for several things in my shop. I have quick disconnects on the hoses enabling me to switch it to another machine in a couple of minutes. Actually I have an obsession with hydraulics. It fascinates me to no end. In the last ten years I have studied hydraulics relentlessly. I am not sure how much money I have spent on hydraulic courses and books but it is at least several thousand dollars. The software I bought for doing simulation testing is from a German company. It allows me to build hydraulic circuits and controls and test all different combinations of actuators and controls including servo and plc control before I buy any of the components. Not much trial and error type of building for me anymore.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

At my last job I told my boss I wanted a Hossfeld but would wait until I found a good deal. One shows up on Ebay but the picture of a bare frame and $800 price wasn't very interesting. A couple months go by and I see there are now more pictures. In the 12th picture is a shot of all the included die sets, the biggest collection I have ever seen! I immediately click on buy it now and pay for it. Which is when I finally notice "Local pickup only and it is Western Ohio and we are in Maryland! What now? As luck has I have project needing a large toy hauler trailer and I find one on Ebay in Nebraska. I convince that guy to deliver the trailer for $2500 and pay him an extra $400 to stop and pick up the Hossfeld. Then I picked out every die I wanted, giving me the biggest set of dies I have ever seen in person, and sold the rest for $2800 on Ebay!

My first Hossfeld was picked up complete in a pile of junk at an auction, and the second was found complete in a pile of scrap metal at a junk yard. Don't yet know where #4 is coming from!

Comment

Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
        .. giving me the biggest set of dies I have ever seen in person ..
        So, Gary, does your motherload of Hossfeld tooling include a pair of 63B edgebending E-clamps? If so, would you mind sharing the dimensions? I believe the main frame piece is different from the swinging frame piece. Last time I checked (mid-'18) it was nearly $250 to get this pair of clamps
        to my house.

metalmagpie

Comment

Magpie,
          It sure did! Unfortunately I got fired and no longer work there. On the plus side I wish them well because I designed every product and in lieu of a big paycheck every week I got royalties on everything they sell for two years after I left. Just got a check for $10,000 and expect at least another $30K this year. However I understand they are struggling a bit without me. That's good too, it's nice to be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
            Magpie,
            It sure did! Unfortunately I got fired and no longer work there. On the plus side I wish them well because I designed every product and in lieu of a big paycheck every week I got royalties on everything they sell for two years after I left. Just got a check for $10,000 and expect at least another $30K this year. However I understand they are struggling a bit without me. That's good too, it's nice to be appreciated.
            Oh shoot, I missed the part about "on my last job...". Thanks anyway!

metalmagpie

Comment

Working...
            X