• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connor1
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    It might end up at Barber, and the joke is on us. LOL

-D
    We’ll see if I can get this crank done properly then the bottom cases cut and welded. If I can, then the top end, the rest is ez.

Leave a comment:

• connor1
    replied
    Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    is it me or is that crank missing a journal and crank web on the right side? How are you going to fix that?
    It’s (was) a straight 4 cylinder 1 piece 180 degree crank. The plan is to leave the webs for 3&4 with the primary and cam chain as they are, grind down the adjacent webs to extend the pins, and press fit 2 more webs on either side that are 120 degrees off, then end up with a straight six. Right now just trying to figure out best process to get that done, and learning how to work this hardened material. What is slowing me down the most is my lack of machining skill. I may end up just making pins and new webs from more workable stock a having them hardened....

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    It might end up at Barber, and the joke is on us. LOL

-D

Leave a comment:

• mattthemuppet
    replied
    is it me or is that crank missing a journal and crank web on the right side? How are you going to fix that?

Leave a comment:

• Tim Clarke
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    This thread is going to be interesting.
    Nice bait.

-D
    Ya, let the good times roll !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    This thread is going to be interesting.
    Nice bait.

-D

Leave a comment:

• connor1
    started a topic Atlas 10F -TP Grinder needed

Atlas 10F -TP Grinder needed

Doing some work on a motorcycle crank, and looking for a TP grinder. Does anyone have a recommendation? I see a few on eBay....Dumore, Themac, etc....need one that can handle a 5 inch wheel...
    Attached Files
Working...
X