French hill climb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

It's been decades since I had a dirt bike, but I don't see why a moderately skilled trials rider would have any trouble traversing between the white lines.
    While I am always amazed at what can be done with a trials bike and a properly trained rider, hill climbing requires power speed and copious amounts of traction. The camera does not do justice to steepness of the course. Trust me if these guys can gain any sort of advantage they would grab it.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Yes but it would be like watching paint dry....
      trails bikes riding over the spectators cars would be more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
        Yes but it would be like watching paint dry....
        true. As its is , after seeing a few, its like watch grass grow..... which I'll grant is a world of thrills more entertaining than paint drying
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

There is a great scene in the movie On Any Sunday that shows the famous Widowmaker hill climb in Utah. Only one rider made it to the top, but the best part was Malcolm Smith on a stock Husquvarna riding about 3/4 of the way up before loosing momentum and then turning around and riding back down with a big grin on his face.

Comment

Its the momentum that get you to the top. Build momentum at the bottom, and pick a direction and line and try to hold it as your traction and ability to hold on exponentially vanishes the close you get to vertical.

Sure, Tony Bou might be able to get to the top, but it would be insanely boring. I even have my doubts he make it depending on the hill

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            There is a great scene in the movie On Any Sunday that shows the famous Widowmaker hill climb in Utah. Only one rider made it to the top, but the best part was Malcolm Smith on a stock Husquvarna riding about 3/4 of the way up before loosing momentum and then turning around and riding back down with a big grin on his face.
            Great movie. I need to find my copy and watch it again.

Comment

I had went to Big Iron Shootout at Revelstoke BC a few times years back,it's amazing the Verical Chutes some of the Super Mods Snow Machines go up.The momentum is a amazing thing,seen a young guy intentionally go up 20' vertical Smooth Rock Face before hitting snow again.My first thoughts was that guy got a set a [email protected]//$ bigger than a Charlouis Bull,he is very talented Rider.

Comment

Video not available.
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
                  I had went to Big Iron Shootout at Revelstoke BC a few times years back,it's amazing the Verical Chutes some of the Super Mods Snow Machines go up.The momentum is a amazing thing,seen a young guy intentionally go up 20' vertical Smooth Rock Face before hitting snow again.My first thoughts was that guy got a set a [email protected]//$ bigger than a Charlouis Bull,he is very talented Rider.
                  Did you get to see Chad Rebec from here in town, run some of his crazy machines.. like the blown Kawi dragbike engine machine.. detuned to 750 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post

Did you get to see Chad Rebec from here in town, run some of his crazy machines.. like the blown Kawi dragbike engine machine.. detuned to 750 hp.
                    I missed that one,heard he had issues with the Nitro Methane in colder temps.

Comment

What was that about trials riding being boring?
                      Or they can't hill climb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy8Re64UwbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtiynogP5wI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oNNjHlKOxo

regards,
                      TG.
                      an (old) trials rider...

Comment

Same hill as BCRIDER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBjTZIkD6cs

I've watched Andler for a number of years and only seen 1 bike make the top. Of course the rider was 20 meters lower down!

Comment

Its almost impossible for the camera to appreciate just how steep the last bit is, when I hear somebody saying how easily they could clean those runs, I think, what a pratt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                            Its the momentum that get you to the top. Build momentum at the bottom, and pick a direction and line and try to hold it as your traction and ability to hold on exponentially vanishes the close you get to vertical.

Sure, Tony Bou might be able to get to the top, but it would be insanely boring. I even have my doubts he make it depending on the hill
                            Trial bike might make it slowly to 80% of the way vs the climbers but at that point it has no traction and no momentum left.

Comment

Working...
                            X