Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: Eggs. I like to eat them and cook with them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

When I am back home, I will try that! Flying to Ramstein AFB tonight.
    Ramstein is a great base. Or at least it used to be way back when. We used to treat it like a fuel station.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Ramstein is a great base. Or at least it used to be way back when. We used to treat it like a fuel station.
      My most favorite part of Germany that I've seen, granted its either Leipzig or Ramstein. Won't get to stay though, being whisked away to Amsterdam by limo.

Comment

I like me a fried bowl of taters, uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
          Try this way of making a egg sandwich. I throw some cheese and bacon or ham in also.
          https://youtu.be/Ux27tQ2EXyU
          Eggcellent technique in that video.

Comment

Scrambled with some creme fraiche and chives, some fried onions, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, big pile of bacon and toast. mmmmmm
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Yes, I love an egg sandwich for breakfast: egg, cheese, Canadian bacon, butter on an English muffin. Great breakfast.

I recently was looking for eggs with Omega3 at the local grocery and could not find the usual brand. But I found some brown, organic eggs that advertised Omega3 so I tried them. My wife agrees, best eggs we ever ate. They came in clear plastic, six packs. Sorry, I can't remember the brand name. Oh, and I cook them in the microwave in small, round, desert bowls so they fit the muffin nicely. This brand cooked real nice: they didn't rise up, over the top of the bowl like other brands; they just cooked perfectly.

As for the English muffins, we used to get Thomas'. But one day I saw some Bay's in the refrigerated case at the grocery. So I tried them. They are far above the Thomas'. They are refrigerated and keep better in the refrigerator so I can get two packs at one time and they won't get stale. They toast nicely. And the flavor is a lot better, IMHO anyway. I can't find them on the internet so they may be a local/regional brand, I don't know. I think Thomas spends all their money on advertising while Bays just makes good English muffins.

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
              Fried egg and cheese samich on a Thom. Muffin.

I like mine runny, she likes it hard fried.

Opposites. JR
              Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 05-15-2020, 02:34 PM.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I have this book I bought among others for 25 cents each:

https://www.amazon.com/Salami-Better.../dp/0316493651

I usually make a 3 egg omelet, with onions, cheese, and maybe some peppers, mushrooms, and various kinds of meat, such as ham or pepperoni. Serve with bacon, sausage, or scrapple.
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I like to cook with a frying pan, but I don't like the taste of them.

Comment

Saute'd mushrooms, swiss and scrambled eggs.

Clean and slice baby bella mushrooms to .20 inch +-1/10th.
                    Heat skillet over medium low heat to 321 degrees, plop in 14.7868 ml of salted butter. As it melts add 3 strong shakes of garlic salt and immediately drop in the shrooms. Stir occasionally till all sides of the fungi are a uniform glossy beige. Pour into a microwave safe bowl and set aside. Return pan to heat.

While the mushrooms were cooking, you needed to mix 1.5 tbsp of milk with 4 large eggs. I prefer mine without shells. In a bowl. Beat thoroughly with a fork till it's a uniform blotchy mess. Set aside.

In another bowl grate a handful of Gruyere. That's fancy swiss cheese. Grate two handfuls if you have girly hands. I suggest a very fine grater. Oxo make some fine ones. So does Harbor Freight. Since no one has determined the proper SFM for cheese, do NOT use an end mill. Set aside with the eggs. You remembered to stir the shrooms while doing this, right?

Now here's the tricky part. Clean out that hot pan without burning yourself, and when it's cooled to 332 degrees plop in 1 tbsp of unsalted butter. As soon as it's melted poorly pour the poor beaten eggs into the pan. For the next two minutes, stir the eggs with a silicon spoon / spatula / spoonula every 10 to 15 seconds. This is the "scramble" that the dish is named for. At the two minute mark remove from heat and cover.

Remove the toast from the toaster. It's assumed that you had the initiative to put bread in a small appliance without being told to. The time that it takes to putter around with the butter and jam will allow the eggs to finish cooking. Decant the eggs onto the plate, spoon generous portions of baby bellas over the eggs. If you are short on mushrooms you can always put less on your wife's plate. The cheese will hide the disparity. Oh yeah. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the dish and serve with a flourish.

Serves two. Three if your wife and girlfriend get along and don't mind sharing.

Dan
                    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I once ordered a very young chicken salad sandwich. I had to explain that it was egg salad.
                      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

We have a flock of chickens and sell some of our eggs. Our chickens are free range with some brown egg layers and some white.
                        I can't tell the difference in the taste, but people will pay more for the brown than the white.
                        We keep a lot of hard boiled eggs, I make me some toast, slice a hard boiled egg lengthwise add some Miracle Whip and a little sweet pickle relish and have me an egg salad sandwich without the mess of actually making egg salad.

THANX RICH
                        People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

I worked a design contract one year up in the Ottawa valley of Ontario. My coworker was an old German guy who owned a small ski tow in Alice, Ontario. Herman the German had a bunch of chickens and he used to bring me a dozen eggs every week. He always went on about how the eggs from his "free range" chickens tasted far better than the eggs sold in grocery stores. He might have been right. I couldn't see much difference.
                          Brian Rupnow
                          Design engineer
                          Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                            I have this book I bought among others for 25 cents each:

https://www.amazon.com/Salami-Better.../dp/0316493651

I usually make a 3 egg omelet, with onions, cheese, and maybe some peppers, mushrooms, and various kinds of meat, such as ham or pepperoni. Serve with bacon, sausage, or scrapple.
                            The answer to that book's question is NO. But, both are satisfying.

Mike

Comment

Just an FYI in case you did not know,...
                              Hard boiled eggs explode in the microwave like nothing I have ever seen.
                              Except maybe a Gremlin.

--Doozer
                              DZER

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

When I am back home, I will try that! Flying to Ramstein AFB tonight.
                                Funny. My Best Man was Stationed in Ramstein. He went on from there to do great things.

RamStein!!! LOL I did now wil still had a base there.

Seems we slide our bases around the Would willy Nelly and leave the metal behind F that..

Solly. Digress. JR

Comment

Working...
                                X