Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringo
    replied
    On inspection, I noticed that the compound had been run into the chuck, (how many used lathes have that?)
    It may not be hurt, but it bothers me not to see it powered up.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    These type of machines clearly delineate the difference between a modern import and industrial. If the price is right, snatch it up!

Leave a comment:

• tom_d
    replied
    Originally posted by Ringo View Post
    There is a LeBlond lathe for sale not too far away.........

I looked at it, the bedways are pristine. When I say pristine, they almost look like chrome. This is a low time machine...........

If this had its center rest, I would be all over it, but the ctr rest is not there.
    What should I do?
    It sounds to me like you've already answered your own question.
    It's just a matter of securing the steady and follower rests. The steady can be fabricated, if you're up to the challenge. Or, just take your time scouring the market. There's one out there somewhere. Just takes a little patience to find it. I've found that a good lathe that meets your mission profile is more difficult to come by than some of the much needed accessories.

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    it's square head Regal with 4 levers, said to be a 15", overall length is 8' and change

Leave a comment:

• dixdance
    replied
    I have a 17" Regal round head, and I love it. Is the one you're looking at a square head? They both have 4 levers, but the round head doesn't have steel ways.. I find it to be a very easy to use and accurate machine, only down side is a low top speed, around 600rpm. I'm tempted to speed it up, but it just hasn't been that much of a problem, I'm not in a hurry, and I hsve a 9" SB for small stuff. Sounds like a great deal to me!

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    LeBlond, yeah been drooling over those for some years.

I didnt read all the other BS. Did you get it? JR

Leave a comment:

• v860rich
    replied
    I had a LeBlond just like the one you're looking at. It had a couple of minor problems and I already had a 16" SB so I ended up parting it out .
    The gears in the headstock brought me more than $1500. By the time I finished I had sold everything and had over $3000 in my pocket.

THANX RICH

Leave a comment:

• JCByrd24
    replied
    LeBlond of that vintage I would have just two concerns, max rpm and fully lubed QCGB, as well as metric threading ability. I don’t know the details so I’m not saying it isn’t favorable in those areas, but the more recent LeBlonds were, and therefore were on my short list.

I bought a lathe without a steady rest just yesterday, it’s unfortunate but totally not a dealbreaker as has been mentioned.
    Last edited by JCByrd24; 05-16-2020, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    That would be my happy wife angle,,,,,2 for 1 !!!

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    Originally posted by Glug View Post
    This is one of those cases where it is better that people don't know where you are. I am sending a reply via PM.
    Why? Afraid someone gunna steal his lathes?

-D

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post

A lot of negatives there; maybe you should pass and have a happy wife!
    If his wife is the right woman, she would support her man on his decisions.
    Got trouble in your paradise ?

-D

Leave a comment:

replied
    The two other lathes might pay for that one..

Leave a comment:

• Glug
    replied
    This is one of those cases where it is better that people don't know where you are. I am sending a reply via PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tungsten dipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ringo View Post

perhaps.
    I just dont know how far to bid with it, pay to transport it, wait for both Logan and Atlas to sell and move out.......
    acquire phase converter, get a steady rest, and so on, and worst of all, wait for the wife to cool off after getting another machine,,,,,
    A lot of negatives there; maybe you should pass and have a happy wife!

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doozer View Post
    Hey Ken,
    Yeah, what is with the steady rest fetish ?
    Easy to adapt from another lathe or make one?
    Like complaining a new car does not have enough cup holders.
    There are a few on ebay if you know what you are looking at.
    If I remember our conversation, you have a Logan lathe and a
    Craftsman Atlas that you are not really using. Are you going
    to upgrade and replace both of them? It seems like a good
    move to me.
    --Doozer
    perhaps.
    I just dont know how far to bid with it, pay to transport it, wait for both Logan and Atlas to sell and move out.......
    acquire phase converter, get a steady rest, and so on, and worst of all, wait for the wife to cool off after getting another machine,,,,,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X