• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
    this auction bidding item has closed,
    who wants to guess what it sold for???
    XXX, after fees and taxes?

Though maybe it is not the same lathe, and it just ended around the same time. I sent you the link via PM, but you did not reply. I thought that lathe looked quite rough. I have seen a lot of shop auction Regals, online and in person. That was rough. The photos were also very limited. Just not many, and not of key areas.

Edit: I think I know exactly and I have removed my 'guess' to not spoil the fun, though I'm not sure about guessing without photos, etc.
    Last edited by Glug; 05-17-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

$4k
      wild guess without picture or location.
      Last edited by SVS; 05-17-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

A missing steady rest is certainly not a deal breaker.
        If one cannot find an original for a decent price, its not difficult to modify and adapt a different manufacturer's with similar size or capacity..

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
          this auction bidding item has closed,
          who wants to guess what it sold for???
          We, or at least I, am waiting.......

I assume you didn’t get it. If you did, don’t feel obligated to say.

Comment

it sold for $2,400
            no I didnt get it, I chickened out on the compound crash

Comment

Ah well. Either missed a deal or a bullet. No guarantee the next bid would have took it either.

Comment

a compound crash big enough to knock a corner off and leave the gib screw exposed is a good enough reason as any to walk away

Comment

I had a chance to bid on either of two 13x40 Harrison lathes at an auction. During the inspection phase, I noticed they both had identical horrific damage to the compounds so I asked about it.

When the shop owner told his employees he was closing down the business, one guy ran both spindles in reverse at top rpm and slammed the compound into the chuck.

I didn’t bid.
                  Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
                  9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Working...
                  X