Geo. Can we Barter (trade goods, not money) Here? JR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
    Your suggestion could have been send directly to GB by clicking on his ID and sending him a private message.
    Exactly. Why not ask George directly, before ever posting? Especially on a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post

Some are. The problem is machine related topics get 6 replies, while topics like what is your favourite quiche recipes get 30. Mental masturbation threads where you're looking for the best and theoretically most accurate way possible to drill a #7 hole for a 1/4-20 tap run on for 10 pages or more, and get replies from "buy a VMC", to "prick punch and drill it by hand", and "I drilled a hole once".

I'm on a lunch break from trying to stuff a gas engine into an old kids electric gocart. A bit of welding, a bit of wrenching, a little machining, and a great kids project. I might post about it, or I might ask for dinner suggestions. Coin flip.

I mean all that in the best "taking the piss" way possible. Go build stuff, take pictures, post. ๐Ÿ‘
      If I pre-buy your book will you sign it? That was in-fact a nice read JR
      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
        JR, the problem as i see is as soon as you post what you have that you want trade for, it is essentially a for sale post. Isn't a cash sale is just a bartering for dollars?
        I get it. But I said NO MONEY!. Barter is that enaine. No money..

JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I think that's supposed to be inane. So close to insane.

Comment

Bartering is good if you don't want to spend money... Sometimes what you have can be worth more than the "cash value" too if someone really needs or wants it. It's easier for most to let go of something in trade than to unclench fingers from cash... ๐Ÿ˜

Plus, you usually get to remove something that's lying around not being used, for something that will be. Something I'm sure MANY of us are familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post

Exactly. Why not ask George directly, before ever posting? Especially on a weekend.
              Makes me curious why George hasn't noticed this thread and responded after several days. Hope all is OK with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post

Makes me curious why George hasn't noticed this thread and responded after several days. Hope all is OK with him.
                All is good here. Was just going to wait until JR PM'd me but will toss out my opinion on the matter now. I don't care.

As long as things don't get carried away and I don't receive a ton of emails and PMs I'm fine with it.
                George
                Traverse City, MI

Comment

Okay, that settles that.

Now, to avoid generating excess PM's to George, we probably need some sort of a base exchange rate. How about chickens? How many chickens for each of:

HF mini lathe
                  HF mini mill
                  Die filer, non-working, incomplete
                  Die filer, working
                  Power hacksaw
                  Horizontal shaper
                  Bridgeport in fair condition
                  Monarch 10ee

Comment

When I get home, I'll be cleaning up shop maybe. This could get interesting

Comment

Large tub of hex/torx wrenches, mostly Whia and Bondhus.

Not really fond of chickens (they tear up the garden too much), but will consider Indian Runner ducks.

Oh, whether chickens or ducks, only interested in the live variety.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Might be helpful if guys noted a location in the post, as the don't appear now like the used to

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                          Might be helpful if guys noted a location in the post, as the don't appear now like the used to
                          Especially given the issues involved in transport of live poultry.

Comment

AWS what do you need other than live birds? I'm in NJ, but willing to ship a trade item(s).

Comment

Originally posted by AWS View Post
                              Especially given the issues involved in transport of live poultry.
                              The HSM wet market is now open!

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                                AWS what do you need other than live birds? I'm in NJ, but willing to ship a trade item(s).
                                And this is where bartering devolves into money, as trade items are a royal pain.

Hence: money

Reggie- I every now and again I put the tub up on Philly CL. Not even sure whatโ€™s in the bucket at this point, as not looked at it in a decade and was mostly making a joke.

Slippery slope, George.

Comment

Working...
                                X