Old Vise Body Who made it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Vise Body Who made it?

Here is an old vise body that's mostly an anvil. It has a 3 1/2" jaw on it and I plan to cut it off the and make it into an anvil. It is hollow inside so NO heavy blows.
    BTW, on the side is printed: Patented in 1914. I paid 8 bucks for it so what would you do with it? Boat anchor?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6613.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	1875498

I'm not sure if it's part of a vise. There is no hole through the center of it for the movable jaw. It might be part of something else.

JL.....

Comment

There's a thread on it at "that other place".

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...d-vise-299413/

Comment

At least the pictures on the other forum show the complete thing, and what is most surprising they were not as rude about it as they usually are. Still, it would be best be used as the aforementioned boet anchor.

Comment

Originally posted by old mart View Post
          At least the pictures on the other forum show the complete thing, and what is most surprising they were not as rude about it as they usually are. Still, it would be best be used as the aforementioned boet anchor.
          Why mince words? At best, complete and unbroken it's an ALO (Anvil Like Object).
          Brakeable cast iron is $5.00 per hundredweight, you paid too much.
          Last edited by reggie_obe; 05-17-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm still going to make it into an anvil and see how many years it will take for I ruin it. Starting a pool.... or is that gambling here?

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
              There's a thread on it at "that other place".

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...d-vise-299413/
              The whole thing looks ass backwards.

JL...

Comment

It looks like something that might have been produced by the Chicago Flexible Shaft Company.

Comment

Working...
                X