Request for a dimension on a Grizzly dividing head retainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for a dimension on a Grizzly dividing head retainer

Looking to find the OD of the wiper retainer spring on the Grizzly 1053/1054 dividing head, shown as part # 32 here: https://cdn0.grizzly.com/partslists/g1053_pl.pdf

If it will work with my slightly smaller B&S index plates, it will be a lot easier to order it from them than to try to make one out of spring steel.

Thanks,

Dan Click image for larger version

Name:	G1053.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1875598
    Salem, Oregon

I can't help you with your specific request but I did something similar. I have a Central Machinery, 20" drill press that is very similar to the Grizzly model. I wanted a better depth stop than the one on the CM and that requires a bracket that fits on the quill and holds the depth stop screw. I was familiar with and had used the Grizzly DP so I ordered the Grizzly part thinking it should fit. Well, apparently Grizzly must use bigger bearings or something because their bracket has a significantly larger bore.

I kept the Grizzly part and will make a spacer ring. But this shows that just because two import machines look alike does not necessarily mean that they are alike in all respects.

Those spring clips are fairly standard. I would take the dimensions that you need or bring in the shaft and go to a well stocked hardware or auto parts store. You can probably find one that fits. That will be a lot faster and probably less expensive than an order from Grizzly or from the OEM.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
    X