Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattthemuppet
    replied
    yeah, that's a great deal, congratulations. I saw that a while ago when it popped up but didn't realise that user was you. Looking forward to seeing pics of it in action.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by SLK001 View Post
    Still waiting for the cost... The cost of the machine will determine the level of "YOU SUCK"!

Did you get a threading dial?
    Nah I'm waiting and looking for the threading dial, or at least the gear. The original sale thread is still up in the SB forum at PM so its not like a big secret.

Leave a comment:

• reggie_obe
    replied
    Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

About a 6-1/2 hr drive each way. Northeast PA via a forum member on PM.
    .....and yet, so many here rag-on PM members on a daily basis.

Leave a comment:

• challenger
    replied
    How can we give a you suck without knowing what he paid?
    Super nice machine without a doubt. Best of luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    Originally posted by SLK001 View Post
    Still waiting for the cost... The cost of the machine will determine the level of "YOU SUCK"!

He already sucks, and admitted as much,
    if he said the price, people would start throwing rotten tomatoes at him, tar& feather, etc.
    the only variable is just HOW MUCH he sucks.

Leave a comment:

• SLK001
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    well done! we're expecting big things from that

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    Congrats! Now you need to find a home for the little lathe.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripe
    replied
    Congrats, but you know how these things work... A better/cheaper one will turn up shortly after you buy one Must be some law of the universe. No matter, you have this one now. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    By the way..... really good score....!

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by DS_park View Post
    Great once in a lifetime find. Probably best if you don't say what it cost.
    Yep, thats what I figured. I knew I was gonna hate myself if I didn't do it.

Leave a comment:

• DS_park
    replied
    Great once in a lifetime find. Probably best if you don't say what it cost.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    Here's the Palmgren on the Logan. The handwheel on the slide screw is added, it was originally just a square "spud"

Yours might be an earlier type, but it also may be a similar type from another company, maybe Enco, or someone else. Ther are similarities, but some basic differences.
    Its very similar, but there are differences as you say. There is absolutely no manufacturers marks on it, all I can find is the same number "17" stamped on all the parts. The feed screw must be 20TPI because there are 50 dial divisions.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    Here's the Palmgren on the Logan. The handwheel on the slide screw is added, it was originally just a square "spud"

Yours might be an earlier type, but it also may be a similar type from another company, maybe Enco, or someone else. Ther are similarities, but some basic differences.

The Southbend version is here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/southbend/page10.html

Last edited by J Tiers; 05-20-2020, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Does it mount that way? The SB did, but the pic looks a lot more like it mounts on the compound. And it has the look of an earlier version of mine...I still have a Palmgren milling attachment, it looks much like that.

Your plan of ditching the compound mounting is wise. There is just too much overhanging weight with the Palmgren to work well with the Logan, which is similar in size to the SB. Then you add the workpiece.
    Yup I didn't like the overhang, especially on a milling setup. It does mount to the compound. Paul Alciatore has a really cool set of plans for a milling table/sub-plate for SB9, that replaces the compound. I want to make that too, so I could do either way for a milling setup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X