OT note from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT note from China

I ordered a drum switch from eBay last week, paid with PayPal. Today I got this email:
    New message from: mata*parts (2,249)
    Hi dear customer
    sorry,due to the impact of epidemic, the Speedpak has risen the shipping cost a lot recently, we will lose money on this order.

are you willing to pay more $10 so that we can ship it out for you?
    or could you advise how we should do? we will try our best.
    regards.

I told them to cancel the order. I wonder how much hassle I have to go through to get my money back.
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

that's cheeky but not entirely unexpected. I had a couple of Aliexpress orders fake sent and fake returned because the sellers didn't want to eat the increased cost on an order already made. Most of them don't even stock the items but buy it whenever an order is placed.

Comment

With Paypal it should be easy, the ebay seller most times will handle it on their end. It used to take 5-7 days for the money to hit the bank from Paypal though for whatever reason, don't know what the wait times are now.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

This happens all the time only now they use the pandemic as a handy excuse.I've heard every excuse under the sun when a merchant does not want to or can't complete a transaction.
        I've always received my money back on PayPal transactions within 3 days of cancellation of the transaction. It's an open and shut case so you have little to worry about.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Isn't your Ebay purchase a binding agreement? File a complaint and include their communication. Who Flung Dung should be forced to eat any increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
            This happens all the time only now they use the pandemic as a handy excuse.I've heard every excuse under the sun when a merchant does not want to or can't complete a transaction.
            I've always received my money back on PayPal transactions within 3 days of cancellation of the transaction. It's an open and shut case so you have little to worry about.
            Some might use the pandemic as a handy excuse but for 99% of the china shipments its very real deal at the moment. I have few orders and some of my friends have tens of orders hanging from aliexpress / ebay. Packages show up on tracking but never seem to make it out of China as air cargo is overloaded.

OP shouldn't have any problem getting the money back. Ebay is quite straightforward in simple cases like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post

Some might use the pandemic as a handy excuse but for 99% of the china shipments its very real deal at the moment. I have few orders and some of my friends have tens of orders hanging from aliexpress / ebay. Packages show up on tracking but never seem to make it out of China as air cargo is overloaded.

OP shouldn't have any problem getting the money back. Ebay is quite straightforward in simple cases like this.
              Yeah but for ten bucks more they can always make it work.
              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Air cargo has risen to over 14$ a kilo. My company in the first 15 days of March did more flying than we did for all of December which is normally our busiest time. My company and others are making a killing right now.

Comment

Tell them to send it and eat the cost. No worries, Ebay always has the purchasers back and you will get a full refund if they don't deliver the merchandise. Then hit them with a negative feedback.

Comment

I wish that was what i considered a problem. I live in Canada , we got hosed on shipping from USA for a very long time.. so I for a few years ship my U.S. purchases to nearest border town then make the 180 mile round trip to pic up stuff. Yeah cost time, and money, but I like the ride.
                    but now we have a problem we can't cross the border and it will be a while..

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                      Isn't your Ebay purchase a binding agreement? File a complaint and include their communication. Who Flung Dung should be forced to eat any increase.
                      tried that. They just post a fake tracking number and then say that the item was returned to them due to a failed delivery. Bigger waste of time. Better off just cancelling the order and getting your money back.

Comment

I don't get the problems with shipping from the US to Canada. Just who is jacking up the prices? The Canadian government with fees and/or taxes? The shipping companies? Who?

Originally posted by 754 View Post
                        I wish that was what i considered a problem. I live in Canada , we got hosed on shipping from USA for a very long time.. so I for a few years ship my U.S. purchases to nearest border town then make the 180 mile round trip to pic up stuff. Yeah cost time, and money, but I like the ride.
                        but now we have a problem we can't cross the border and it will be a while..
                        Paul A.
                        SE Texas

Make it fit.
                        You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
                          I ordered a drum switch from eBay last week, paid with PayPal. Today I got this email:
                          New message from: mata*parts (2,249)
                          Hi dear customer
                          sorry,due to the impact of epidemic, the Speedpak has risen the shipping cost a lot recently, we will lose money on this order.

are you willing to pay more $10 so that we can ship it out for you?
                          or could you advise how we should do? we will try our best.
                          regards.

I told them to cancel the order. I wonder how much hassle I have to go through to get my money back.
                          Ebay guarantees the sale and refund. I always look for high number sellers when ordering overseas. With their high volume they will usually absorb any odd costs like this to keep their customers happy and coming back. Plus their service is usually streamlined and more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                            I don't get the problems with shipping from the US to Canada. Just who is jacking up the prices? The Canadian government with fees and/or taxes? The shipping companies? Who?
                            I don't know about shipping from US to Canada, but the prices a few years ago from Canada to the US were very high. If IRCC it was about 4 times the domestic flat rate shipping rate.
                            I have not ordered anything from China directly lately. If I need something that has a Chinese pedigree I try to find US stock.
                            paul
                            ARS W9PCS

Esto Vigilans

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...
                            but you may have to

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                              Depends on who it is shipped through. You end up paying duties no matter what (unless you 'forget' to declare it when crossing back over the border), but some of the companies like to tack a good sized brokerage fee onto the cost. In my experience UPS is the worst one for playing the brokerage game. I had them tack $80 onto a recent shipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X