700r4 storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700r4 storage

Would it be ok to store a 700r4 upright ?

I don’t know why not I have seen shops do it.

Comment

What is a 700r4?
      Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Transmision
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I knew some one would ask its a transmission out of a GM vehicle.

Comment

The transmission doesn't care what position it is in, it really doesn't matter.
            The oil on the other hand will seek out the lowest point. If I had to store it upright, bellhousing side down, I'd first remove the torque converter and wrap it in a plastic bag along with the transmission.
            Be prepared to place a drain pan under to input shaft as fluid will slowly drain out for a while.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post
              The transmission doesn't care what position it is in, it really doesn't matter.
              The oil on the other hand will seek out the lowest point. If I had to store it upright, bellhousing side down, I'd first remove the torque converter and wrap it in a plastic bag along with the transmission.
              Be prepared to place a drain pan under to input shaft as fluid will slowly drain out for a while.
              ^This

I had a 700R4 out of an '89 pickup that sat upright for about a year before getting rebuilt and dropped back in. No problems, except for the oil stain on the concrete...

Comment

Working...
              X