OT: Pakistan Airlines 8303 crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old mart View Post
    I thought there would be a warning if the aircraft approached the ground with the landing gear up.
    There is, and in the recording of the conversation with the tower you can hear it in the background clanging away.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I understood that was the "gear up" warning, indicating that you have selected gear down, but it is not in fact down, possibly due to high airspeed.

Does it have an altimeter/terrain radar connection as well?
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
        Meanwhile, in your own backyard.....
        https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...ll/ar-BB14vyue
        What does the NYT front page listing of 1000 coronavirus deaths have to do with /sports/nhl? And what do either topic have to do with an airliner crash?
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

I thought there would be a warning if the aircraft approached the ground with the landing gear up.
          I read that the plane has computer logic that prevents lowering the landing gear if you are traveling at a speed that would damage the gear. It sounds a chime instead, and the report I read said that the chime in the conversation with the ATC was from that mechanism.

Either way, there are multiple indicators and alarms that should have been noticed before the engines touched the landing strip.

Dan
          At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

"Either way, there are multiple indicators and alarms that should have been noticed before the engines touched the landing strip."
            yup, the first one being the check list,

Comment

There is! "Too Low, Gear!!!", "Too Low Gear!!" Part of the GPWS

Comment

Also landing flaps being selected without gear being down usually sets off an annoyingly loud horn. Extreme incompetence is the only way this happens in a multi crew environment.

Comment

...or in cockpits where the crew is still afraid to tell the Captain he's screwing up. Flushed out Circa 1980's in the USA, but still relevant in counties where political connections determine status.

Comment

So far, everything seems to be pointing towards pilot error.

Comment

This is a pretty good video of what happened. I really would like to hear the CVR between the pilots. A few red flags are raised. I hate to say it, but it seems like the two people in the cockpit were as if they were never trained to fly the airplane. Incorrect phraseology was used, most basic of profiles not flown correctly, just seems like both pilots had no clue what they were doing? Like they were plucked out of a Cessna 152 during initial training for a private pilots license and told to fly this jet.

Comment

Some more clues-Unstable Approach Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYiiZdvNh4

More like roller coaster approach profile
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                        X