No announcement yet.

Forming an Eccentric Head on a Capscrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was speaking of the responses. The soldering/brazing arguments crop up every so often. I guess we need more plumbers here. Eccentric turning is not new either.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
      I was speaking of the responses. The soldering/brazing arguments crop up every so often.
      That's right. And every time it's due to the confusion caused by the ambiguous terms!
      Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

Yes you can, I wonder though if used the mandrel for doing multiples and maintaining timing between the thread and eccentric?
        If you left the capscrew head full size and just pressed on a round that was bored eccentrically, you would accomplish the same result and the straight knurl would hold the two together.

Comment

What was the purpose of making an eccentric head?? Some adjustment thing?

JL................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
            What was the purpose of making an eccentric head?? Some adjustment thing?

JL................
            Part of a homebrew MiteeBite clamp: https://www.miteebite.com/products/fixture-clamps/

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Part of a homebrew MiteeBite clamp: https://www.miteebite.com/products/fixture-clamps/
              OK, that makes sense.
              Every SHCS, FHCS and every other screw I've ever seen all have heads that are eccentric, but not by that much.

I have a #4-40 FHCS that I'm trying to get the head concentric. Just the opposite of what the OP is trying to do.

JL........................

Comment

Working...
              X