Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200531-061320_YouTube.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	1878456

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
        How is this going to change space travel. ?You wonder if we could come back in exactly one hundred years how different things will be. .I see the closest planet that is likely to be able to sustain life is only 4,2 light years away. Thats nothing .I cant do the maths. How long will it take us to get there. Ive had enough of this place.
        at a constant 1g acceleration, not very long (crossing the Milky Way galaxy would only take 16 years). That would require about 300,000 tons of nuclear bombs to sustain though (see Project Orion and Daedalus).

at the speed of the New Horizons probe (current speed record holder at ~52,000mph) you're looking at around 54,000 years.

even getting humans to Mars is not trivial and that's our next door neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post

at a constant 1g acceleration, not very long (crossing the Milky Way galaxy would only take 16 years). That would require about 300,000 tons of nuclear bombs to sustain though (see Project Orion and Daedalus).

at the speed of the New Horizons probe (current speed record holder at ~52,000mph) you're looking at around 54,000 years.

even getting humans to Mars is not trivial and that's our next door neighbour.
          Oh Dear . Looks like I will be here for a while longer then.

Comment

Is there some special significance to that name "Crew Dragon"? I assume Elon Musk came up with that. I think he reads too many space comic books.
            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
              Is there some special significance to that name "Crew Dragon"? I assume Elon Musk came up with that. I think he reads too many space comic books.
              Maybe he just has a good sense of humour. He is a South African boy afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                https://www.floridatoday.com/story/t...ng/3621453002/
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                X