Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iso number drill stand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iso number drill stand

    I've got a lot of number size drill bits but they are all in the paper packages and these are very old. I'd like to start to complete the number set. Right now I might have half of a set BUT I've got triples and more of each. I looked online for a number size stand and they appear to average about $20.00 which seems OK but I'd rather look for someone who may have one laying around and is interested in a trade for drill bits?
    Thanks

  • #2
    What the heII is an ISO number driII?
    Like millimeter?

    --Doozer
    DZER

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm thinking ISO is "in search of"..........
      If it wasn't done the hard way, I didn't do it.

      Lillooet
      British Columbia
      Canada.

      Comment


      • #4
        In Search Of a number size drill stand.

        THAT better?

        Comment


        • #5
          HSM3rz =/= TXTspk......
          25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by challenger View Post
            In Search Of a number size drill stand.

            THAT better?
            Well at least I learned a new abbreviation for something I thought was International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Although the Swedes seem a bit confused as they have the O before the S I never did understand the Swedes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
              HSM3rz =/= TXTspk......
              Your turn to explain please 😁

              Comment


              • #8
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/60pc-Drill-...UAAOSwRDpbvitd

                Number drill case with included drill bits. You might as well get the bits with the case for your about $20.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RMinMN View Post
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/60pc-Drill-...UAAOSwRDpbvitd

                  Number drill case with included drill bits. You might as well get the bits with the case for your about $20.
                  Half of them in these cheap sets need proper sharpening before use if my own experience is anything to go by. But they do cut fine once correctly sharpened and last decently long
                  Chilliwack BC, Canada

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    KbC had them used to be cheap..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by challenger View Post

                      Your turn to explain please 😁
                      Home Shop Machinists don't use "text speak"

                      Seriously, how about just get a block of wood and drill some holes in it for a drill rack?
                      25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

                        ....

                        Seriously, how about just get a block of wood and drill some holes in it for a drill rack?
                        Or, since number drills go small in size, a piece of aluminum. (Aluminum = "shiny-wood" and is much finer grained....)
                        CNC machines only go through the motions

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vectorwarbirds View Post

                          Well at least I learned a new abbreviation for something I thought was International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Although the Swedes seem a bit confused as they have the O before the S I never did understand the Swedes.
                          The name of the organization in French is Organisation internationale de normalisation, and in Russian, Международная организация по стандартизации (Mezhdunarodnaya organizatsiya po standartizatsii). ISO is not an acronym. The organization adopted ISO as its abbreviated name in reference to the Greek word isos (ίσος, meaning "equal"),[6] as its name in the three official languages would have had different acronyms. During the founding meetings of the new organization, the Greek word explanation was not invoked, so this meaning may have been made public later, making it a backronym.[7]

                          ISO gives this explanation of the name: "Because 'International Organization for Standardization' would have different acronyms in different languages (IOS in English, OIN in French), our founders decided to give it the short form ISO. ISO is derived from the Greek isos, meaning equal. Whatever the country, whatever the language, the short form of our name is always ISO."[8]
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...tandardization

                          Hmm, learn something every day...
                          -paul

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

                            Or, since number drills go small in size, a piece of aluminum. (Aluminum = "shiny-wood" and is much finer grained....)
                            Yup, thats even better! (I can't imagine having a piece of alu that big)
                            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by psomero View Post
                              It sounds like language needs to be standardized.
                              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X