Views:	165
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1878598

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1239.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1878599

I have received a Hasler hand held tach which is nicely packed in original padded case with four rubber bits for holding against the rotating shaft being measured.

There were no instructions but I have tried it on a small electric motor.

The needles move up as expected but it seems to stop prematurely or maybe it stops automatically once contact with the rotating shaft is lost? The rubber bits are in rather poor state and a reliable contact is not easy.

So, does anyone know if this sounds like normal behaviour for this instrument?

John

P.S. Pictures added!
    Last edited by The Artful Bodger; 06-01-2020, 02:13 AM.

The measurement is timed automatically by the tachometer.

You need to put the "rubber bit" on the spindle in contact with the rotating item, and then press the start button. This automatically starts the timer, and the needle will start to move. Once the timer is done, you can move the rubber bit off of the rotating item, and read the measured speed on the dial. Then press the other button to reset it for the next measurement.

I may have instructions in with mine; I'll take a look tomorrow, and if I have them I can scan them for you.

Comment

Thanks, I look forward to whatever comes my way! John

Comment

Needs a service, there’s a max hold mechanism that gets sticky, think there’s a x10 slide switch thing on the side, sometimes less than full travel messes things up
        mark

Comment

No x10 slider thing.

Comment

BTW, I wonder what is the story behind the chip in the face!

Comment

I have one around somewhere. We used to use them the set the governor RPMs on large diesel engines. Very accurate, will read to one RPM when working correctly. I believe the wheel is used for measure surface speed like on a belt. I think that is what the read scale in the middle is used for. I would have to dig mine out. I bought it new so I am pretty sure the instructions are still with it.
              Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10283.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	1878712 I also have one with instructions

Also available in German, French, Italian, and Spanish but they all say essentially the same thing.
                Last edited by TGTool; 06-01-2020, 08:39 PM.
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks very much, I now have printed instructions!

John

Comment

I found mine. It is a Teclock made in Japan. Yours appears to be almost identical. It is a model H and the specs. say it will read up to 10,000 RPM and read velocity ( with the wheel on moving surface up to 1000m/min. When you press the triger button it runs for 3 seconds and stops. The outside numbers read the RPM and the inside (red) numbers read the velocity. One important thing - there is an oil hole in the spindle housing and you should apply high quality watch oil from time to time according to my instructions. The manual for this one is 18 pages long, very thorough and is in Japanese and English. It even has a certificate of accuracy.
                    Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X