Bandsaw modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw modification

This modification really increases my cutting capabilities. Two 1/4-20 threads on the outside edges and a block to go in between to clamp the piece to be cut. I can now cut little pieces which wouldn't fit in the actual clamping vise or really large pieces. The pieces should always rest against the threaded rod facing the motor, that way it is secure and can"t be pulled in any more. I have been using this clamp for more than 8 years without any issues.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Great idea.

There are many ways to make the good, old 4x6 work better. I also have drilled and tapped holes in the table surface of mine. That way clamps can be used for odd-ball parts that don't fit well in the saw's vise. I have used both improvised clamps and components from my 3/8" clamp set. Sorry, I don't have any photos.
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

If it works, great. I do a lot of cross cutting by hand on mine, because it's quick. What I'd really like is a sliding table with a pair of clamps on it- actually one clamp with two screws, then I'd saw through it to make two clamps out of it. That way I could cut very small parts under complete control. Of course that would probably make it a vertical saw only, but I'd still be able to cut anything I do now.

I've wanted to build my own band saw for a few years already, and I have the materials to make it- except for the long blade. That will be the most expensive part of it, for me at least. Buy it in a 100 ft roll- should be about $2 or $3 a foot, right? Yeah, right-

Anyway, custom fixturing just goes hand in hand when you're working with materials. Anything that does the job.
      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I like the clamping mod, another good idea.

Originally posted by darryl View Post
        I have the materials to make it- except for the long blade. That will be the most expensive part of it, for me at least. Buy it in a 100 ft roll- should be about $2 or $3 a foot, right? Yeah, right-
        You can order bi-metal bandsaw blades custom made to length very reasonably from Aliexpress. I got one for my Kalamazoo 8CW (3/4 x 130") for less than $30.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...7e7f4c4dTMYTPA
        It's all mind over matter.
        If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Comment

Working...
        X