Treasure I drug home yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alanganes View Post

Wow, where did THAT come from? If you have spent any amount of time around here in the 5 years since you joined this forum, it should be obvious that the person you seem to be trying to insult here is very far from being "of extremely low intelligence"

Holy cow.
    He is confusing intelligence with education. And as someone on here has as their signature line, some people are educated beyond their intelligence as is obvious in this case..

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by greenie View Post
      I find the use of the word DRUG in that context, just proves that the user is "of extremely low intelligence", like born into the very shallow end of the gene pool and still dog paddling around it.

If you can use a dictionary, the word DRUG has got nothing at all to do with bringing anything home.

It appears that the persons who use it in that context, couldn't find their ar$e from their elbow.

https://www.britannica.com/search?query=drug&page=1

That’s funny, I barely made through high school English sure wasn’t my favorite subject.
      I started with nothing being a dumb mechanic I am 56 years old I don’t have to work very hard, I actually have worked 8 days this year.
      I can buy pretty much any thing I want and we eat really good. I want for nothing but my health.
      Around here any good welder that has quit a job has “drug up”.
      I guess your name “greenie” fits.

Comment

Originally posted by greenie View Post
        I find the use of the word DRUG in that context, just proves that the user is "of extremely low intelligence", like born into the very shallow end of the gene pool and still dog paddling around it.

If you can use a dictionary, the word DRUG has got nothing at all to do with bringing anything home.

It appears that the persons who use it in that context, couldn't find their ar$e from their elbow.

https://www.britannica.com/search?query=drug&page=1

Speaking of drugs,

Maybe you should check that you have taken your medication this morning?

Or........

Maybe you should stop taking your medication, and consult your doctor.....urgently?

Ian

Comment

We don't insult each other here, we only insult mini-lathes.

Comment

I've had guys ask to show my shop to their wives.....like if they saw mine its a bit of a get out jail free card. I can hear them later in the car, "See honey, it could be far worse!".

Bringing home a dump trunk is the next level up, maybe two. Can I bring my wife by and show her?
            Last edited by Mcgyver; 06-04-2020, 07:53 AM.
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
              I've had guys ask to show my shop to their wives.....like if they saw mine its a bit of a get out jail free card. I can hear them later in the car, "See honey, it could be far worse!".

Bringing home a dump trunk is the next level up, maybe two. Can I bring my wife by and show her?
              You are always welcome at my place, I think we would get along fine.

Comment

Nice truck, one day I'd love to get a dump truck and backhoe/excavator for some work around here. Not because it would be cheaper or better than hiring somebody, just that it would be more fun.

Originally posted by true temper View Post
                I have a very understanding wife.
                Most of us do. If not the first time, the second time for sure .

I was watching a shop build log this morning and the wife said "I wish we could build a bigger shop for you".

She was worried when I bought a flat bed trailer last winter though......she said I could bring home much bigger projects than before. Not dumptruck size though. so far I haven't drug home anything on it yet......
                Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 06-04-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

My wife has been known to show me something on CL and ask if it is what I have been looking for. It often is, she knows her way around tools, she has worked on cars with her father, who is a mechanic (retired now).

She is not asking so much right now, I need to finish some projects.

Dump trucks are outside my range, however.

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

It's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there.

Comment

Third wife for me. This one shown me how a wife is supposed to act. We have been married 16 years.

Comment

Whether you refuse to believe it or not, the verbiage that you use is a direct reflection of your education.
                      Educted people do not speak poorly on purpose.
                      People who speak poorly dismiss this fact, because they are the very people who are speaking poorly.
                      Fact is that using good speach and grammar reflect positivly on the individual.
                      Fact also is that using poor speach and grammar reflects negativly on the individual.
                      If you choose to use geto speak or hillbilly speak, you will not be taken seriously.
                      Just a fact of society. That is always been how it has been.
                      But hey, talk however you want. I appreciate it.
                      It just let's me know who I am dealing with.

-Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

It looks like it's in pretty decent shape, bodywise anyway.

JL.......

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
                          Whether you refuse to believe it or not, the verbiage that you use is a direct reflection of your education.
                          Educted people do not speak poorly on purpose.
                          People who speak poorly dismiss this fact, because they are the very people who are speaking poorly.
                          Fact is that using good speach and grammar reflect positivly on the individual.
                          Fact also is that using poor speach and grammar reflects negativly on the individual.
                          If you choose to use geto speak or hillbilly speak, you will not be taken seriously.
                          Just a fact of society. That is always been how it has been.
                          But hey, talk however you want. I appreciate it.
                          It just let's me know who I am dealing with.

-Doozer
                          Does that apply to spelling too?
                          Try speech, positively/negatively, ghetto. ...I'm not sure about educted. I'll have to confess, it's a word I don't know.

Actually, the verbiage you use is more of a reflection of your surroundings during your formative years. Though subsequent education may later teach you correct usage, old habits are hard to beak, and may have no bearing on your education.
                          Last edited by lynnl; 06-04-2020, 03:07 PM.
                          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I am an uneducated ditch digger been self employed for 25 years but we get by pretty good.
                            speaking poorly probably has hurt me some in life but I guess I don’t know any different.

Comment

Every part of the country has it's own colloquisims, and that is what is great about this country. If all you want to hear is Harvard and Yale english, you might want to move to Massachusetts. So, run what ya brung, lighten up, and realize the ways of your tribe are NOT the laws of the Universe. It's a lot more interesting and fun when we are all different, and not cooky cutter alike. And all I have at present is a mini-lathe, so make fun of me if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post

Does that apply to spelling too?
                                Try speech, positively/negatively, ghetto. ...I'm not sure about educted. I'll have to confess, it's a word I don't know.

Actually, the verbiage you use is more of a reflection of your surroundings during your formative years. Though subsequent education may later teach you correct usage, old habits are hard to beak, and may have no bearing on your education.
                                You missed a few
                                Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                                Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                                Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Working...
                                X