Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"BOLTR" Enlightenment needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "BOLTR" Enlightenment needed

    So what does it mean,eh? Hopefully one of you guys from yonder Great White North can edumacate me. Been watching some AvE lately on YouTube and am curious.
    Milton

    "Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

    "The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

  • #2
    https://avedictionary.com/boltr/

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! Makes perfect sense; I was thinking it must be a Canadian slang thing.
      Milton

      "Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

      "The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

      Comment


      • #4
        unfortunately it doesnt list ave.

        Comment


        • #5
          Arduino Vs Evil

          Comment


          • #6
            What do you call conning people of their money with a promise of an EDM machine?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RB211 View Post
              What do you call conning people of their money with a promise of an EDM machine?
              Bingo!
              Avoid all the other BS as well by unsubscribing from his channel.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ave is entertainment. He does make some good observations about the content and quality of the items he dissects. I think he is great at what he does especially the BOLTR episodes.
                S E Michigan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by OaklandGB View Post
                  Ave is entertainment. He does make some good observations about the content and quality of the items he dissects. I think he is great at what he does especially the BOLTR episodes.
                  The equipment autopsies were interesting. More interesting when they focused on a tool that had failed during service instead of one that he just tears into.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A few years ago when someone needed something machined, all the comments shouted "collab with AvE" as if he's the only machinist in the world. Except he's not a machinist. His work was so bad back then at least I wouldn't even call most of it functional. And now I hear he bought a Haas? Whatever...
                    21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                    1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You guys are taking him way too seriously. He's good entertainment for the most part. The Haas videos I don't bother with as I'll never have such a machine and I don't find those to be funny enough to just watch for entertainment.
                      Chilliwack BC, Canada

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                        What do you call conning people of their money with a promise of an EDM machine?
                        What was that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

                          What was that?
                          He setup a GoFundMe or similar for an EDM machine. Took a bunch of peoples money, never delivered.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RB211 View Post

                            He setup a GoFundMe or similar for an EDM machine. Took a bunch of peoples money, never delivered.
                            Must have been a while ago - he can now buy a 5-axis Haas. Mostly from Patron, I'd say: he has 12,000+ patrons & an estimated $44,000 a MONTH from them.
                            https://creatorhype.com/top-patreon-creators/
                            https://graphtreon.com/creator/AvE

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post

                              Must have been a while ago - he can now buy a 5-axis Haas. Mostly from Patron, I'd say: he has 12,000+ patrons & an estimated $44,000 a MONTH from them.
                              https://creatorhype.com/top-patreon-creators/
                              https://graphtreon.com/creator/AvE
                              Wow that's more than I ever made in a year, in my whole life...
                              25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X