No announcement yet.

Striker Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used it daily for years and was happy with it. Rarely you clean the carbon from the tip. I have lost track of it since retiring. I can't justify leasing the tanks when they get used so little.

Comment

For sleeves I cut the legs off jeans that the kids/grand kids out grow, sew a hem in the cut end and run a lace through it.

Comment

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/ei...EF:X:LIGHTNBUG

Comment

One of my "strikers" is a repurposed EMPTY BBQ style lighter. After it had served its initial purpose, I ground / sanded the tip back a bit to be able to get my torch tip closer to the igniter spark. Works well.
          Metro Detroit

Comment

+1 on the Lightnin' Bug piezoelectric striker.

Comment

I still use the old fashioned strikers like the one you mentioned, no problems with those springing back.
              II did have one that would get stuck and wouldn't spring back but I think it was the flint's, they were too soft.
              I do have a more modern one, it's one of those piezoelectric type strikers.

About the sleeves.... Never wear an old Carhartt jacket when MIG welding.

I have some heavy-duty leathers that I use for welding or cutting. I also have a real light flame retardant lab coat.

JL.....
              Last edited by JoeLee; 06-21-2020, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X