Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All dressed up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Majestic little thing, congratulations well made
    mark

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by mattthemuppet View Post
      fabulous, a beautiful blend of form and function.

      As to the anodising - did you bead blast the parts beforehand? They look to have a matte finish, though that may be a camera artifact.

      Anyway, if you can do machine work to this standard, anodising is a piece of cake, you should give it a go!
      No, I didn’t bead blast. They were media tumbleled and then gone over with red ScotchBrite to unify the grain.
      In person they are not so matte looking.

      Sid

      Comment


      • #33
        Beautiful work, Sid...as always.

        Tell us about having it anodized...who did it and how much did it cost?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by john hobdeclipe View Post
          Beautiful work, Sid...as always.

          Tell us about having it anodized...who did it and how much did it cost?
          Let’s just say, I know a guy.......

          Comment


          • #35
            Absolutely beautiful! Well done sid. Post a video of it running plz.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by I make chips View Post
              Absolutely beautiful! Well done sid. Post a video of it running plz.
              Here is a link:

              https://imgur.com/gallery/AHey05P

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by sid pileski View Post

                No, I didn’t bead blast. They were media tumbleled and then gone over with red ScotchBrite to unify the grain.
                In person they are not so matte looking.

                Sid
                neat, I'm guessing a satin finish then. Either way, they look beautiful!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                  It's Corian. Cuts like butter.
                  Drew it up in CAD, milled it out with my Prototrak mill.

                  Sid
                  Very nice. How did you hold the Corian when you milled it?? I take it you had it screwed down to something so you could go around it with out stopping to reset clamps etc.

                  JL.................

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                    Very nice. How did you hold the Corian when you milled it?? I take it you had it screwed down to something so you could go around it with out stopping to reset clamps etc.

                    JL.................
                    Yes, screwed it down in four places with the holes that
                    eventually are used to mount the posts for the engine and burner.

                    Sid

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by sid pileski View Post

                      Yes, screwed it down in four places with the holes that
                      eventually are used to mount the posts for the engine and burner.

                      Sid
                      That's the way I would have done it. We all think alike here.

                      JL....................

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X