X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jr45acp
    replied
    Gentlemen,

I sincerly appreciate ALL the responses! Health problems, yes but the prime offence dates back to 1969. There is nothing to be done other than occassional pain meds. The biggest concern is nerve component in that raises it ugly head and I become quite unstable. Such is life!
    I'm in deep SE Georgia (if you follow the news, you've problabley seen the news on three men arrested, and now indicted for murder. One of them was a friend of mine!!) Nickel-city-fab I do appreciate your response, in particular. At the risk of getting bitch slaped by Mr. Bulliss should you locate your yard sell item and feel you having a space issue, please shoot me a mssg.

Again Folks, I'm appreciative of all the thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• nickel-city-fab
    replied
    I've got a hand knurler around here somewhere for a fine diamond pattern, but no idea of its use. It was in a box of stuff at a yard sale. Could *maybe* do the job in the lathe tho, but my lathe knurls aren't very fine.

Leave a comment:

• woodenbird
    replied
    Take a look on YOutube. I found at least one video of a person showing the use of a hand knurler to make a diamond knurl

Leave a comment:

• Mr Fixit
    replied
    jr45acp,

Where are you located, maybe one of the members here could do the job for you if you can share your location and the size of work. We are all under a hidden amount of stress with the COVID-19 thing, either work wise, health wise, or monetarily , so we all need to take a deep breath and be kind to the less fortunate.

TX
    Mr fixit for the family
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Fasttrack
    replied
    Originally posted by enginuity View Post

No kidding. This place is getting pretty bad. If I wanted the PM experience I'd go to PM. A lot of really grumpy people lately.
    The sad thing is, jr45acp would have gotten better info on PM: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...g-tool-373334/

Wish I could help, jr45acp, but I've never used a hand knurler but hope you're able to make something work. Sounds like it will take a bit of practice to get good looking knurls.

Leave a comment:

• enginuity
    replied
    Originally posted by eKretz View Post
    Come on now fellas. Sounds to me like the guy has got health problems that are stopping him from running machines anymore. Let's be a little more empathetic, eh?
    No kidding. This place is getting pretty bad. If I wanted the PM experience I'd go to PM. A lot of really grumpy people lately.

Leave a comment:

• eKretz
    replied
    Come on now fellas. Sounds to me like the guy has got health problems that are stopping him from running machines anymore. Let's be a little more empathetic, eh?

Leave a comment:

• 4miller1
    replied
    Like this?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    The only difference is the dies. If you have a straight hand knurler now, look into diamond dies that will fit it. Hand knurls are quite common but can get pricey if you have to buy. Also, the operation is a little different--You don't have the carriage to move the knurler along if needed. The dies will follow their natural "screw" form. You may have to aid it along though.

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bented View Post
    You wish to knurl hands?
    No, you're thinking of "gnarled."

Leave a comment:

• Bented
    replied
    You wish to knurl hands?

Leave a comment:

• jr45acp
    started a topic Hand Knurlers

Hand Knurlers

I've not been an active for more than quite some time. I won't bore with a sob story, but here is my situation. I can no longer be an operator of machines that will tear your arm off annd beat you to death with it. I've got a project coming up that I'd like to have a diamond knurl on. I've used a hand straight knurl and am wondering if anyone might have a thought or expierence with diamond knuring with a hand knurler.
Working...
X