Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Person that is sensitive to radio waves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Person that is sensitive to radio waves.

Some very good friends of ours have a daughter that is very sensitive to all kinds of electromagnetic fields. I might not have the correct terminology but anything to do with radio waves or electric devices of any kind she can not be around them. She can not use a cell phone or sit at a computer for long periods. When they use to be CRT monitors it was worse but now with the LCD screens it is a little better. If she is any where in the near to a cell tower she gets terrible belly aches. High tension electric wires and she is in agony. She was born with a minor heart defect and when the doctors tried to operate on her her entire system started to shut down and they had to stop and couldn't operate.

Have any of you all ever heard of such a thing? I have Googled it and it seems there is a lot of controversy over whether it really exists or is somatic. In our friends case it is a definite thing and the doctors all acknowledge it but don't have a clue what to do about it. They had to buy a house away from as many signals coming into the property as possible. When she goes into town she immediately starts to swell up all over her body. I always joke with her about swelling up and tell her I must have the same problem! She just turned 30 years old.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Also she can differentiate consciously what type of signal she is "receiving" as in she can stand and tell you the direction the cell towers are and from which carrier. Spooky stuff.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

There is something there. I know that I affect our TV reception based on where I sit in the room. I call it a capacitor effort
      I also do not feel 120 Volt electrical current and when I was young and at parties, would stick my finger in a lamp socket and hold the lamp upside down ( power on)
      That is most likely because my skin resistance level (meg Ohms) is about 4 x greater than the average person
      when you have capacitance and resistance in balance, maybe you become a crystal set ?

lastly, I have heard about people that can receive radio stations in their teeth ??
      Science is not there yet
      Rich
      Green Bay, WI

Comment

I always tell her she is an alien. She agrees with me.

Comment

Science is there on the radio reception in teeth. Fillings can form a crude diode, making an RF detector.

The rest of it would need to be demonstrated in a double blind experiment.

Ed
          For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

I am sure it's possible, but rare. We already know that some species use the Earth's magnetic field for navigation.

Comment

I had and uncle that had a similar but different problem. He could not wear a manual wind up type of wrist watch. They said it was the electricity in his body that would cause the watch to stop. I believe he finally found that if he wore a special wide protective band under the watch it stopped the problem. I don't know what was in these bands, but I assume it was some kind of barrier to stop the electricity from causing a magnetic field that would stop the watch. He was also good at what we called witching for water by holding a stick or piece of wire in your hand and walking around to find ground water.
              Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

People are conductive, we have ions in water solution throughout our bodies.

The depth to which any "radio waves" reach is dependent on frequency, as well as the resistance of the "material" being exposed to them, which is one reason I am dubious about some claims about the newer very short wavelength cell phone signals.

But, there is no reason why a person might not be sensitive to radio waves, in one way or another. The question is just how sensitive, and how much actual effect there is. I'd be interested in what effect would be found if the person were put in a totally shielded room, but without knowing it.Then various tests with controlled signals could be made.

My sense of it is that it is likely half and half. Half real detection, and half psychosomatic response to what is detected. Once you "know" what your response to something "should be", you tend to get that response more reliably.

Does not mean there is no detection, or no actual physiological response, it just means that the response may not be all physiological.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Cuttings View Post
                  He was also good at what we called witching for water by holding a stick or piece of wire in your hand and walking around to find ground water.
                  There are a number of significant cash prizes offered to anyone sho can objectively demonstrate supernatural powers like dowsing. There have been some attempts to claim the awards, but so far no successes. If your uncle is still around, he should apply.

Ed

Comment

IMO, the case is, primarily, psychiatric. And should be handled like one.

P.S. Please don't consider it being an insult to her.
                    Mike
                    WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                      IMO, the case is, primarily, psychiatric. And should be handled like one.

P.S. Please don't consider it being an insult to her.
                      If it is primarily psychiatric as you say what explains her reaction as a child when they attempted heart surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

If it is primarily psychiatric as you say what explains her reaction as a child when they attempted heart surgery?
                        I don't have enough data to judge what it was then, and if it has any relation to what happens to her now.

But psychosomatic effects are well known in medicine/psychiatry.
                        Last edited by MichaelP; 06-26-2020, 01:34 PM.
                        Mike
                        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Before this would rise to the level of even needing an explanation, there would have to be something like testimony of first hand witnesses. Barring that, it is just uncheckable hearsay.

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post

There are a number of significant cash prizes offered to anyone sho can objectively demonstrate supernatural powers like dowsing. There have been some attempts to claim the awards, but so far no successes.

Ed
                            Yep, and what usually happens is the dowser agrees to the test conditions, is super confident, then fails and makes all kinds of excuses. A common excuse is along the lines of "the judges' negative thought energy blocked my dowsing senses". 🤣

This video has an interesting test from 1980 in Australia:

Comment

I think it could easily be an area of science or biology that we don't yet know about. After all, it's not like we know very much even now. Certainly we don't know everything about the body or the brain. Science is still learning.

Or, it could be somatic. We just don't know.

So I'm willing to leave it open-ended and take her word for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X