Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Person that is sensitive to radio waves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'neural impulses electric in nature'- I always thought so, and now it's 'known' that it's electro-chemical. But how much signal would it require to deliver the message- or in other words to make you take notice- would a single ion be enough to trigger a biological response? I think it would be enough, specifically if there was a pre-existing sensitivity to it in the particular individual. I don't think we can discount anything just because of 'skin effect' or the shorting out of signal by conductive skin layers, etc. We're missing the boat if we think it has to follow the laws that we know- it's obvious that there's a lot going on here that we don't yet understand, and our tendencies are to wipe things away when they don't conform to our normals. For many reasons it's hard to be open-minded- but that's how many things are discovered.

They talk about dark matter and a universe that is all energy until some is converted to matter. What is the rest of that energy? How do we know it isn't acting as a 'carrier field'- enabling a message to come through from the outside in spite of what should be killing it according to our known physics? We don't know. We can conjecture, hypothesize, and devise tests- standard scientific procedure.

We do know this girl is responding to electromagnetic signals- but what are these signal interacting with? On the face of it, well your face. Your skin, your hair- doesn't matter if the signal is shorted out in the first few mm of your skin, the signal has already been reported to the brain. We just don't know the workings of this yet. It could be through the hair in your ears- from all I've heard about anomalous sensing ability, people say they 'hear' it- maybe they are closer to correct than they know- maybe the mineral content in those hairs plays a role. I don't think a hair has to move in order to send a signal to the brain. If does so for audio signals, and the sensitivity of that is beyond amazing. A hair is also an antenna-

There could be a good test here- put a faraday cage headphones on, and see if it affects the intensity of the girls experience when these things impact her. You can already input signals using cell phones- this test would be simple and cheap. The full faraday cage would be a good test, but just shielding the whole head and not the body would be a good test also.

I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by Cuttings View Post
      I had and uncle that had a similar but different problem. He could not wear a manual wind up type of wrist watch. They said it was the electricity in his body that would cause the watch to stop. I believe he finally found that if he wore a special wide protective band under the watch it stopped the problem. I don't know what was in these bands, but I assume it was some kind of barrier to stop the electricity from causing a magnetic field that would stop the watch. He was also good at what we called witching for water by holding a stick or piece of wire in your hand and walking around to find ground water.
      that is really strange. I had it and that couldn't wear a wind up wrist watch. She had the same kind of problem your uncle had. The watch just wouldn't keep time. I remember her telling me this back in the seventies sometime. I believe it has something to do with body chemistry.

JL...

Comment

So there may be something to the wearable magnets and copper bands that some people recommend and use for therapeutic purposes.

A Faraday Cage may block most EM radiation, but does not work on magnetic fields or ELF. For that you need magnetic shielding, which consists of high permeability magnetic material, such as steel, ferrite, or mu metal, which basically shunts the magnetic field through it so very little passes through and into the object to be shielded. Multiple layers are often needed for best results.
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Any flying insects will not bite or sting me. The maddest swarm of hornets, wasps or bees plus mosquitoes will absolutely not bite or sting me. They will fly all around me but not attack. We first noticed this when I was a kid and my younger brother went under an old wooden bridge and was attacked by wasps. I heard him screaming and ran and jumped down and drug(ha ha ha to you grammar Nazi's) him out and ripped his shirt off him and brushed all the wasps off. He was stung 83 times and nearly died in the hospital. I wasn't stung one time. Then later when I would go fishing in the Everglades with friends and they were all huddled under mosquito nets I was sitting having a grand ole time. It is also so when I sit on a horse the flies don't bother the horse either. Horse flies will be attacking the other horses but not mine. I don't know if it is chemical or electric or why but it is so. Maybe I just stink!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
            Any flying insects will not bite or sting me. The maddest swarm of hornets, wasps or bees plus mosquitoes will absolutely not bite or sting me. They will fly all around me but not attack. We first noticed this when I was a kid and my younger brother went under an old wooden bridge and was attacked by wasps. I heard him screaming and ran and jumped down and drug(ha ha ha to you grammar Nazi's) him out and ripped his shirt off him and brushed all the wasps off. He was stung 83 times and nearly died in the hospital. I wasn't stung one time. Then later when I would go fishing in the Everglades with friends and they were all huddled under mosquito nets I was sitting having a grand ole time. It is also so when I sit on a horse the flies don't bother the horse either. Horse flies will be attacking the other horses but not mine. I don't know if it is chemical or electric or why but it is so. Maybe I just stink!
            Wish I could smell like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Corbettprime View Post

Wish I could smell like that!
              Grammar nazi to the fore. I recall the story of Samuel Johnson, the lexicographer riding in a carriage with a women who turned to him and said, "Sir, you smell!", to which Johnson replied, "No ma'am, You smell. I stink."
              "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                So there may be something to the wearable magnets and copper bands that some people recommend and use for therapeutic purposes.

A Faraday Cage may block most EM radiation, but does not work on magnetic fields or ELF. For that you need magnetic shielding, which consists of high permeability magnetic material, such as steel, ferrite, or mu metal, which basically shunts the magnetic field through it so very little passes through and into the object to be shielded. Multiple layers are often needed for best results.
                It certainly does not work on "static" (unchanging) magnetic fields. It works fine on static electric fields.

Obviously, since it works on electric fields, it blocks varying magnetic fields at higher frequencies. How high depends on the thickness and conductivity of the Faraday cage material.

Magnetic material also often fails to block magnetic fields. The reason is magnetic saturation, the magnetic material cannot "carry" any more of the magnetic field above a certain amount, and for the excess field, the saturated magnetic material acts as if it were not even there.

Many magnetic shielding schemes layer magnetic material alternated with copper, since the copper will attenuate varying magnetic fields (not static fields), and so will help avoid saturation of the magnetic material inside of them.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post

Grammar nazi to the fore. I recall the story of Samuel Johnson, the lexicographer riding in a carriage with a women who turned to him and said, "Sir, you smell!", to which Johnson replied, "No ma'am, You smell. I stink."
                  Just went to my Webster's College Dictionary, my usage was definition 2a, yours is 2b. Smells like a rose sounds better than stinks like a rose. Old Sam was a Britt, and I am a Yank. We are separated by a common language, as my youngest daughter, who lives in Malden town, merry olde England often tells me.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbettprime View Post

Just went to my Webster's College Dictionary, my usage was definition 2a, yours is 2b. Smells like a rose sounds better than stinks like a rose. Old Sam was a Britt, and I am a Yank. We are separated by a common language, as my youngest daughter, who lives in Malden town, merry olde England often tells me.
                    "I cannot tell how the truth may be, I say the tale as twas said to me." Walter Scott
                    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by TGTool View Post

Is that along the same lines as a man sweats but a woman glows or perspires?

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                        Mosquitoes: https://www.treehugger.com/reason-mo...others-4858811

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Is that along the same lines as a man sweats but a woman glows or perspires?
                          "A horse sweats. A gentleman perspires. A lady glows."

-js
                          There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

• There are some insects which are sometimes mistaken for huge mosquitoes. These are Crane Flies, often called Mosquito Hawks, and are popularly thought to kill mosquitoes, but they are anatomically unable to do so. However, the larvae may feed on mosquito larvae.
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Lightning strikes emit huge bursts of RF. How does the lady get on during a thunderstorm?

On the completely unrelated subject of dowsing for water, a close mate of mine knows perfectly well that it's all rubbish. It really annoys him that he's very good at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGTool View Post

So if your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

One of my aunts told me of a day when my father, as a young boy, came in from the garden and announced "I've found a rotten marrow, and it stinks!" His father, who was a very loving but very proper gentleman, reproved him for using such an unpleasant word, and told him he should say that it smells very bad. Dad replied " Well, it smells very bad then. But it doesn't mean the same." Knowing both my father and my grandfather, the exchange sounds completely in character for both of them.

Back - nearly - to the original topic: I've read that the radio reception in teeth is caused by an imperfect join between the tooth and the filling material, causing a diode-like junction which acts as a detector, much like the cat's-whisker/galena junction in a crystal set. Sounds convincing, but I've no idea how it then gets to the brain.

George B.

Comment

Working...
                                X