OT computer related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT computer related

What's this proxy host I have suddenly, right after an update that I couldn't stop? Edge wanted to be my browser, and I didn't want the change- but it did anyway. Now I have a wait state while the browser I chose to keep fights for control.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

good question. i have a "proxy server" that seems to delay downloading.

edit: sorry, "proxy script being downloaded" is the message.
    Last edited by dian; 06-27-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

That few seconds of delay is long enough to scan a download history, or a surfing history- who knows what it's being used for-
      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Which OS and computer type are we discussing? IOS, Win10, Ubuntu or android?

If win10, which update was it?
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

sounds like you accidentally installed Crapware
          also known as Spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
            Which OS and computer type are we discussing? IOS, Win10, Ubuntu or android?

If win10, which update was it?

windows 10 update KB4559309.

It also deletes all of your system restore points, and makes it impossible to uninstall the update.

If you work with Visual Basic it also eff's up the configuration in Visual Studio making it impossible to use "Edit and Continue"

Comment

Win 10 home. Damn! Looks like my computer caught the Microsoft 19 virus-

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                Win 10 home. Damn! Looks like my computer caught the Microsoft 19 virus-
                Don't I feel silly, I actually looked that up.
                John Titor, when are you.

Comment

I'd rather feel silly than how I really feel- I feel like I've been abused. My computer was fine, now it's not- and I had no option to say no. Since this 'update', today was the first time I got to see 'end task' for Edge. For the past few days there was no such option. Time to restart and see if the 'wait state' is gone- I'm guessing that it will still be there, and maybe even worse than before.

Comment

Working...
                  X